Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Groan

jeebowhite

Not exactly worried at the moment, but after going down a silly road, and going into a silly pot hole, my steering now groans a little when it turns left. I mainly notice it when reverse parking, when the wheels point left from being straight on, bizarre, as I haven't heard it so much when going from full right lock to full left, until the wheels have passed the dead centre point...

Any ideas?

best bet is get the tracking checked first at place does free track checks if thats out then u know u got damaged componant from the pothole , with steering there number of things how hard and fast did u hit the pothole ? might of bent and link arm or even the alloy (it can happen).

also remember any steering problem could an major safty hazard and should be checked right away :)

good luck

btw i belive u can claim for polehole damages from the town it happened in.

btw i belive u can claim for polehole damages from the town it happened in.

That's a popular misconception!

has that been stoped now then because my brother made an claim for repairs after pothole damage even know he didn't get full refund he got about 80% of costs repaided mind u we talking 5-6 years ago

Apparently councils are only responsible if they can't prove that they've taken all reasonable steps to maintain the road. With the large number of potholes caused by the recent freeze, and the one last year, they are using all the tricks in the book to evade that responsibility, e.g. turning up 48 hours afterwards to patch the road then claiming it had been inspected just before the incident.

No harm in trying, but with councils under severe financial pressure don't get your hopes up.

hmmm... more bl**dy expense... Since I have the Ford service Plan I think they do free alignment and balance...

I hit it at about 10 mph maybe 15 at a push, and it made a bit of a bang... oh joy!

Wonder how much this damn problem will cost...

I'd not mention the pothole to the dealer if you take it in to get it looked at.

The noise could be any number of things though.

hmmm... more bl**dy expense... Since I have the Ford Service Plan I think they do free alignment and balance...

I hit it at about 10 mph maybe 15 at a push, and it made a bit of a bang... oh joy!

Wonder how much this damn problem will cost...

if they do that for free have them checked as said leave the pothole part out of the "what the problem" if that comes back as all good at lease it should be safe and u got that peace of mind.

i guess 10-15mph don't sound too fast but also how deep was the hole was it little bump like car only just moving or was it bump...... "SH&T was that an speed camera i ran over" sort of one ? i guess what im trying to ask in my own nutty way is was it an hell of an impact or hardly noticable ?

hopfully it just an simple thing like an link rod or ball joint good luck mate

Was on a "back" road, and at the time there was a hole, with a puddle in it, so it wasnt visible... it was more of speed camera flattened moment than a tiny bump. I can only liken it to going over a speed bump at about 30 mph.

I will get it checked out later, the noise has stopped for now, and it is after all barely noticable. Besides its due an MOT soon, so I am sure if they find a problem that will be when they recognise it. I just cant afford this hassle at the moment...

For now I will check the PAS fluid level, but since I work 9 - 6 and weekends with no one nearby to take the car to, I havent a chance yet to get it checked...

Fingers crossed, will update the board when I eventually find out...