Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Average Mpg Please?

pauljack

Hi, I currently have a Toyota Yaris 1.0l petrol that does 50-60 mpg which is fantastic! I am looking at a new Fiesta zetec 1.25 and wondered what mpg people get? I do both town and motorway driving. Thanks very much Paul

I do mainly town driving with very occasional A roads or motorways. Lucky to get 30mpg in town and goes up to 40mpg if I have an out of town trip. Not great but a lovely car :)

I do mainly town driving with very occasional A roads or motorways. Lucky to get 30mpg in town and goes up to 40mpg if I have an out of town trip. Not great but a lovely car :)

I know its a lovely car but that is poor mpg! I am not buying one if that is what most people get! not with fuel so expensive! cheers

Same spec Fiesta and driving as Bashful here, getting around 33-34mpg around town this weather, can rise to high 30's - low 40's with a run out of town thrown in in the warmer month's. Don't think the 1.25 is that ecomonical for it's size but the rest of the Fiesta make's up for it

Same spec Fiesta and driving as Bashful here, getting around 33-34mpg around town this weather, can rise to high 30's - low 40's with a run out of town thrown in in the warmer month's. Don't think the 1.25 is that ecomonical for it's size but the rest of the Fiesta make's up for it

Double post :rolleyes: :(

when i mainly do town driving in a 1.25 zetec mk 7 i get around 38-42 but when i do motorway driving i get around 48-50 and on the motorway ive reached 52 which is my record. Id say my average is about 45 which is from a full tank mixed between town and motorway which is normally how my tanks of fuel go.

Both my daughters have 1.3 Yaris's, 02 & 05, and get better mpg than I do. They average 45 - 50 most of the time, I get 40.

It makes you wonder how newer engines, which are supposed to be more efficient, don't do as well as older ones.

The 1.25 engine is the same engine found in the MK6 Fiesta, its not new at all. My 1.6 petrol gives better MPG than what your 1.25's are doing :unsure:

if space is not an issue new ka is worth a look i also do motorway and town driving its fine doing both and get around 45mpg most of time

Both my daughters have 1.3 Yaris's, 02 & 05, and get better mpg than I do. They average 45 - 50 most of the time, I get 40.

It makes you wonder how newer engines, which are supposed to be more efficient, don't do as well as older ones.

I was about to tell you how much heavier the Fiesta was with all its safety kit, standard equipment and more powerful engine which would explain some of your problem.

However, I've had a look and the kerbweight of the 1.25 mk7 is actually 9kg less than the 1.3 mk1 Yaris... and it's less powerful too. It could be something to do with the Fiesta having weirdly short gear ratios to make it feel peppy around Town. My mk6 1.25 gave terrible economy on the motorway.

hi, thanks for replies, I dont want an econetic as I dont like the interior, it is very basic. I want a zetec or titanium ( I like the black centre consol and wheels on the titanium!). I tested the the 1.4 tdci yesterday, but I only managed 46mpg when I took it out for half an hour along dual carriage ways! I thought that was not very good, the demo had done 4000 miles so should be a little bedded in. I really love the fiesta, i think it is really nice. However, the other thread where loads of people are complaining about poor mpg is putting me off somewhat.

I have been offered a brand new non bluetooth 2010 model zetec 1.25 for £9500 which I thought was good. However, it has the red seats and dash and is in silver. If I want the bluetooth model with black dash seats zetec 1.25 it is £10,300 at the dealers? Are these deals ok?

Thanks for the replies so far guys :)

hi, thanks for replies, I dont want an econetic as I dont like the interior, it is very basic. I want a zetec or titanium ( I like the black centre consol and wheels on the titanium!). I tested the the 1.4 tdci yesterday, but I only managed 46mpg when I took it out for half an hour along dual carriage ways! I thought that was not very good, the demo had done 4000 miles so should be a little bedded in. I really love the fiesta, i think it is really nice. However, the other thread where loads of people are complaining about poor mpg is putting me off somewhat.

I have been offered a brand new non bluetooth 2010 model zetec 1.25 for £9500 which I thought was good. However, it has the red seats and dash and is in silver. If I want the bluetooth model with black dash seats zetec 1.25 it is £10,300 at the dealers? Are these deals ok?

Thanks for the replies so far guys :)

Personally....buy second hand, My 1.6TDCI Titanium with leather, exterior pack, and what seems like ever other option cost me 9 and it's a year old.

As for the mpg you got when driving the diesel that seems low, I get between 65-70mpg on my commute to work every day.

Personally....buy second hand, My 1.6TDCI Titanium with leather, exterior pack, and what seems like ever other option cost me 9 and it's a year old.

As for the mpg you got when driving the diesel that seems low, I get between 65-70mpg on my commute to work every day.

Thats a !Removed! good deal mate. I paid 8 for my 1.25 Zetec which was 20 months old. :(

Thats a !Removed! good deal mate. I paid 8 for my 1.25 Zetec which was 20 months old. :(

Yeah I thought it was too good to be true at the time but it was.

It was priced at 10,999 but knocked them down.

Well chuffed

hi pauljack

had my car 3 weeks now even mix of town and motorway driving getting 41 mpg .with regard to the prices,paid £8,995 10 reg 1.25 zetec march 30th 7,000 miles no bluetooth,this was from a car supermarket.

cheers pete

• 2 months later...

I have a new Fiesta 1.25. Only done 900 miles so far. I’m getting 54.5mpg. That figure should rise as the engine wears in after about 3000 miles or so. If you’re getting less than 50mpg you must be flooring it all the time.

• 2 years later...

Iv'e just bought a new Fiesta Zetec 1.25 82 five door. I previously had an 04 Mazda3 1.6.

The Fiesta is great to look at and is cofortable but I was after good mpg and with WhatCar saying i would get 40+ mpg I decided to go for it. I'm actually getting 30mpg around town and have problems driving up steepish hills and I end up in 2nd gear going about 10mph. I've only had the car a week and Ive yet to get used with it I go to the Lake District a lot and don't think it will cope with the steep inclines, so this could be one big mistake. My Mazda was poor on fuel 34mpg and £200 tax a year but the Fiesta is only cheaper with tax at £30.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club