Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello! Engine Warning Light On '04 Fiesta

2partsdinosaur

Hello all,

I've come across from ffoc to ask a question on behalf of a friend :)

She recently had the starter motor replaced on her '54 reg Fiesta Finesse 1.2, and since then the engine warning light has been intermittently coming on and off. The car can go a couple of days without showing any warning lights, and then will show a warning light from the turn of the key.

We tried disconnecting the battery for 4 hours yesterday to see if it would reset(?) any problem with the ECU. She drove away fine, but the warning light has come back this morning. The cars drives fine, there is no lag between pressing the accelerator and feeling the car move off (we did an extended drive to test), and there is no stutter in the engine at either idle, or normal driving revs. I assume this eliminates lambda sensor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Alex

Thanks man.

Stupidly I forgot to mention that we had checked for error codes, and this is what came up;

• Comms Error with ABS
  • Crank sensor
  • Driving speed sensor
  • Air conditioning compressor relay short to earth
  • Clutch pedal switch

We then had them all checked at a large garage chain over here and they could find no problems at all

I had a fiesta for 2 years and the engine light was never off, everytime i took it to the garage they replaced what was wrong and a week later it was back, i eventually gave up and just left it, it never did any harm to the car. the engine did blow up at one point but that was an oil thing, come to think of it everything on that car broke. get rid of the fiesta, its a trap!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club