Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All New 2011/2012 Ford Models

calmcdermott

Hey all, i know i havent bin on here for a while but I have some news!

I dont know if any of you know this but I have being down to my dealership this evening and asked if I could have some sneaky gossip and according to her, they are releasing a fiesta st or maybe an rs they havent descided which one to go with yet and also with the fiesta it is getting a face lift at the end of the year and the ford capri is coming back as well as the new shape focus. I havent got any photos yet but as soon as i get more info il let u know!

Face lift coming to all Fiesta models or just the ST/RS? I like the look of the US one, hopefully the DRL are integrated in that chrome fog light deal going on in the bumper.

I like certain things about the american version, mainly the slighty different dash board (and the larger rear bumper - no idea why :unsure: ), but I'm not sure the car actually looks more modern than ours. I can't imagine what a face lift would look like. How can you improve on perfection? lol

Also, I just did a ford capri google images search - there was a couple of concept artist impressions there if anyones interested.

Next few years.

Ka scrapped. New replacement Ford Start.

New Kuga to be BMW X5 size.

Capri will be on new focus chassie

A new convertable but not a focus convertable it will be a rag top also.

Fiesta ST

Face lift Fiesta.

Fiesta 4x4

Espect a special Fiesta as they are rallying in it this year in WRC.

New engines for all cars. New small Ecoboost engines and more choice on smaller cars with more auto / powershift.

Focus RS. They want to do it but a 4wd this time with rear wheels driven by a battery and also with powershift gearbox and flappy paddles.

Plus 2 more cars they not mentioning.

If you went to where you bought your car The woman who told you what I told her and I was told this at Ford collage at end of 2010

The Ford Start looks pretty nice, fronts a bit weird though with the lack of lights. Read somewhere that its not coming to Europe which will be a bit sad if not true! Can't see the facelift fiesta looking any better, think its great as it is :D

Found a few pictures of stuff.

Ford Start

Ford_Start_Concept_01_600-600x400.jpg

Focus RS500

car_photo_363745_25.jpg

Fiesta 4x4

car_photo_391792_25.jpg

New Focus

car_photo_417346_25.jpg

Fiesta ST

2011-Fiesta-ST-Rear.jpg

Face lift coming to all Fiesta models or just the ST/RS? I like the look of the US one, hopefully the DRL are integrated in that chrome fog light deal going on in the bumper.

Its for all the models and what someone else mentioned in another thread is that all manufacterers have to fit drls for some reason this year to all there new released cars.

Next few years.

Ka scrapped. New replacement Ford Start.

New Kuga to be BMW X5 size.

Capri will be on new focus chassie

A new convertable but not a focus convertable it will be a rag top also.

Fiesta ST

Face lift Fiesta.

Fiesta 4x4

Espect a special Fiesta as they are rallying in it this year in WRC.

New engines for all cars. New small Ecoboost engines and more choice on smaller cars with more auto / powershift.

Focus RS. They want to do it but a 4wd this time with rear wheels driven by a battery and also with powershift gearbox and flappy paddles.

Plus 2 more cars they not mentioning.

If you went to where you bought your car The woman who told you what I told her and I was told this at Ford collage at end of 2010

Very very nice! and yea she mentioned ford college and scrapping the KA.... I want a new shape fiesta now or even the new focus rs/st hehe :lol:

car_photo_417346_25.jpg

2008-bmw-x6-sports-activity-coupe-xdrive35i-front-and-side-1024x768.jpg

Isn't that the X6? Beautiful piece if machinery!

DRL must be standard on all NEW cars soon yes. BUT If it is just a facelift they dont need to put them on. Its some leway manufactures have been given hance why the New C-Max does not have them. Also they wont need to put them on it when its facelifted either. Ofcourse you will prob see them on higher madels. I would suspect the Face lift Fiesta would get DRL on Titanium as Mondeo and S-Max now have DRL on Titanium and above only

WTF. Yes it loosk flashy and cool as a Rendered concept... but practically? how is that back window ever guna get cleaned, how is anyone going to see it on a dark night and not mistake it for cat's eyes in the road.

Its for all the models and what someone else mentioned in another thread is that all manufacterers have to fit drls for some reason this year to all there new released cars.

So there will be a Mk7.5/Mk8 Fiesta this year presumably when the ST/RS comes out? Sweet. I might hold off getting a Mk7 just now then since I was planning to pick one up around September time....

Any got pictures of the face lift? No? not this year then!

New Focus is supposedly out next month, and we've seen that for ages, no reports on updated fiesta at all!

Don't expect the facelift Fiesta this year. When they told us all these cars they did say it was over a 2 to 3 year period

exactly, it took about 4 years for the MK6 to be facelifted, and we're coming up 2 1/2 now, MOTs due this year.

It's going to be next year at earliest!

Fortunately Fords recent face lifts have been quite mild. This is good as it doesn't totally bugger it up for the owners of the 'old' model. Being American they didn't seem to be able resist to shovelling on loads of cosmetic changes almost annually.

The MK4 and 5 Festers suffered particularly badly from this, didn’t help that they were designed to match cars from the early 80s (Peugoet 205) and so had to be updated quickly. They ended up the round arses and 'new edge' fronts, looked like a cut and shut job from cars from different manufacturers.

They seem to have learnt from VW that good second hand residuals are helped by making the early cars look the same as the later ones. Golfs are almost indistinguishable from the start of production to the end for each generation.

It wont take too long. Ford and other Maufactures want to now speed up models getting facelifts and new ones to be out. They are aiming for a 2 year cycle. Ie New car out 2 years later face lift 2 years late new car. They are trying to go with 3 year now but we will see lol it is Ford...... not the fastest in the world

Not a chance on a two year cycle, not the way they have tailored the cars for a world market..what you get in the UK is the same, spot some cosmetic differences in the US.

its takes a year alone to woruce and get the product lines to work witha new model..facelift talk end of next year at the earliest...Fiesta is the biggest selling car right now..they are in NO hurry to change that.

Also...Ford EU is banking on the Focus to come thru, if not they are in a little trouble as I think they are looking to make it wa world side look/ build as well.

WTF. Yes it loosk flashy and cool as a Rendered concept... but practically? how is that back window ever guna get cleaned, how is anyone going to see it on a dark night and not mistake it for cat's eyes in the road.

Looks a bit like the new Audi A1 . . . although somewhat shunted front & rear!

Mind you; wish the smaller Fords had the A1's (and Golf/Polo FSi) DSG engines & 7-speed gearboxes!

On first sight the back to me looked like one of those civic's with the spoiler halfway down the rear window (can you actually see out of one of those?!).

If the next gen Kuga is going to be X5 sized I'd guess that the 4x4 on the Fiesta platform will be a slightly smaller version of the current Kuga to appeal to crossover buyers who'd normally be buying a Qashqai or similar. I must admit I'm surprised that Ford will be making a large premium 4x4, didn't think that really fits into the current company strategy.

Does anybody know if there are plans for a proper performance version of the Mondeo? As an ST would be great with the new 2.0T ecoboost

Thats alright then. I dont want to buy a new car and then a few months later the facelift version comes out, but ive got a while to wait so ill just have to hold on..

Are all the Mk7 Fiesta's being made from now on fitted with the Drl's? Not seen one with them yet since EU always said all cars manufactured after the 1st of January had to have them on

Don't expect the facelift Fiesta this year. When they told us all these cars they did say it was over a 2 to 3 year period

MK7 Fiesta was launched late 2008. There will be a facelift this year, they face lifted the Corsa not long ago so a revised Fiesta is inevitable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club