Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fascia Colour!!

the swan

OK I have my Fiesta, 10 plate, brand new, sparkling white, problem is, the fascia inside for the head unit and surrounds for the heaters etc. is boring silver, any ideas of how to get the fascia off without damaging the face?

I will be getting the fascia sprayed professionally bright white, I shall post pics soon as I have it done in the next few weeks

any ideas for the removal???

Step 1

Removing grey trim

Pull the grey trim upwards starting from the front of the car

It is held down by 4 clips (2 either side)

Step 2

Removing lower panel

Under the stereo there is a small rectangular cover

This is held in by a one way catch at the top and a hinge at the bottom

Prise the catch open from the top

Step 3

Remove stereo

There are 2 torx screws and 2 hex head bolts under where the grey trim was

Remove these using a torx driver and a socket

Then the stereo is held in by 2 clips (these are roughly located behind the two buttons either side of the hazard/lock buttons)

Pull towards the rear of the car firmly

CIMG2585.jpg

what about the rest of the fascia going further down over the heating controls etc??

Heating controls surround, vent rings, door pulls are all on clips and just pull off

Stereo surround has 2 torx screw and 2 hex head bolts, and then is release by 2 stiff clips (roughly located behind the function buttons on stereo)

Small flap below stereo has a one way catch at the top and 2 pull-release hinges at the bottom

The steering wheel trim has 3 torx screws (if I remember correctly) and then is held on by push clips

great guide and nice photo Ben. It looks like you have sprayed it as well.

Cheers. Yer got it done for free when I got my door resprayed (got keyed). I took them all out and prepped them then got them sprayed PANTHER black (not just any black haha)

great guide and nice photo Ben. It looks like you have sprayed it as well.

Cheers. Yer got it done for free when I got my door resprayed (got keyed). I took them all out and prepped them then got them sprayed PANTHER black (not just any black haha)

Sorry to hijack the thread for a sec, but have you seen the grilles on that website - http://www.carid.com/2011-ford-fiesta-grill/t-rex-grille-131818.html If they did it for the Euro fiesta you could change your car into the Ford Verve concept! lol

Anyways, back to the fascias - can't wait to see pics of it. Be interesting to see a white one.

Anyways, back to the fascias - can't wait to see pics of it. Be interesting to see a white one.

Here's pics of a white one - it's StevenSmith10 from ZSOC:

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

Personally I wouldn't do the top of the dash white, however he had the ZS blue pack so it didn't look right having all white with a blue top!

I like it, but would probably just leave the radio surround blue, might need someone to do it though, don't think my spraying skills are up to that.

On a secondary note, just decided after 5 days since picking it up, to crack open the secret pocket under the radio, but they changed it, it no longer hinges, it clips, and has 2 clips at the to to help it clip on as well, shame, I kept my sat nav and cable in there, and bracket in pocket by right knee! :blink:

wow i think that looks amazing but i think u need to do the dial surrounds to finnish it off :)

Looks awesome.. Being thinking of doing this for a wile after a friend did it in his focus.. Only other thing out of place now is the gear knob.

Guys

Have you seen this "water transfer printing process" it's magical, type it in you tube to see how it's done For those of you with deep pockets.

There is a guy on the uklegacy.com/forums who has done his Subaru Legacy BH5 dash looks well.

Tone

ok back to the fascia etc, any ideas on the dial surrounds? think they would look good in white aswell as the radio surrounds? and any ideas of how to remove these?

getting everything sprayed in the next few days, will post pics up soon as

Guys

Have you seen this "water transfer printing process" it's magical, type it in you tube to see how it's done For those of you with deep pockets.

There is a guy on the uklegacy.com/forums who has done his Subaru Legacy BH5 dash looks well.

Tone

Completely off topic and sorry to the OP....but WOW!!!!

I am doing this! Have access to everything needed already and looks really simple and I already painted my rims flat black lol

CIMG0814.jpg

CIMG0815.jpg

fascia and dial surrounds all sprayed white

still to come:

white gear knob

white gaitor

k&n induction kit

tinted windows

white alloys

black and white bucket seats

rear diffuser sprayed white

front grill white

rear spoiler

shall post pics up soon as these mods are done

any other ideas i may have missed?? any comments welcome :)

Nice! Would look better with a white steering wheel badge overlay & alloy pedals IMHO.

Oh and lose the crappy air fresheners :lol:

Top quality job mate. I'm impressed.

It looks so very different to the original

yeah lookin at the white gel overlays an pedals aswell,

air fresheners are just the tip of the iceburg ;) ha!

i like it :)

agree with the overlay and pedals

and if its possible look at options for the knobs (heater controls/gear )