Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Buckled Alloy

olly

I have just suffered a third buckled alloy wheel on my 59 plate Tit....becoming a bit tiresome now.

Has anyone ever used an alloy wheel refurb company to deal with this problem ....is it something that can be repaired safely?

It depends how bad the buckle is, if not too bad they can be repaired. A pal of mine got his motor bike wheel done at Maidstone motoliner, think it was about £80, but that included painting it too

All 4 of mine are buckled. Bad pot holes from snow at start of last year. I got them refurbed and they straightened them out a bit. But the amount of potholes by me.. Some are unavoidable. I'm going to keep these then decide when it comes to MOT time, if I keep the car

Further to my new buckled wheel......I checked out the pot hole that caused it in the light of day...and its massive : I phoned the Highways Dept at Havering Council to report it and complain about the 150 quidsworth of damage caused and the Woman there asked if I wanted a claim form sent to me !.....Looks like you can claim against them ??

Interesting !!

Further to my new buckled wheel......I checked out the pot hole that caused it in the light of day...and its massive : I phoned the Highways Dept at Havering Council to report it and complain about the 150 quidsworth of damage caused and the Woman there asked if I wanted a claim form sent to me !.....Looks like you can claim against them ??

Interesting !!

Providing your wheels and/or car isn't modified you have a case.

Persistencey is the key however!

:)

Interesting !!

where abouts in havering was this pot hole?

being a first time owner of a car with alloys , how can you tell if an alloy is buckled? , do they look out of shape is it easy to spot???

thanks

In my case i had a horrible vibration throughout the whole of the car, you could feel it through the steering, seats, floor. All four of mine were damaged and had to be replaced. there was nothing visible that i could see but boy could you feel it.

I have a buckled front right and the vibration is awful, it feels like a shopping trolly with a flat spot at slow speed you can feel each revolution. Looking at it tho the wheel looks fine.

Getting it replaced saturday, cant wait

i was told it is cheaper for councils to pay out claims than get potholes repaired, there are loads on my way to work so i prefer to cycle.

We've just had our third wheel fail on our 59 Titanium. We have given up and put 4 aftermarket alloys on ours as we refuse to pay Ford (or should I say (Fraud) £200 each time one fails. We complained to Ford Customer relations and they have begrudglingly offered to pay half the cost of this latest wheel but we have refused as they are clearly not fit for purpose. As far as I'm concerned the more people that phone up Ford CC (Tel: 0845 841111) and complain the more likely they will be to be embarrassed into acting. This is a safety concern as buckled alloys can cause tyre to deflate quickly and therefore could cause accidents.

Please keep posting messages on the number of wheels you have had fail as this will add more weight to any future publicity and therefore help to force Ford into acting.

where abouts in havering was this pot hole?

being a first time owner of a car with alloys , how can you tell if an alloy is buckled? , do they look out of shape is it easy to spot???

thanks

Chase Cross Road in Collier Row !

My first buckled front wheel (also ruined the tyre)made the car feel as though the front wheels were out of balance......however the second buckle caused by the "massive" pot hole (when I hit it...sounded as though an artillery Shell had gone off !!!!) has no obvious damage to the tyre, although the wheel is knackered the car drives perfectly.....weird!

I always swerve to avoid potholes, if i cant and i see it coming i will brake and go through it very slowly. I hate it when i dont see them then all i hear is thud. All the alloys on my car are fine though, i replaced the buckled one with a brand new alloy that only cost me £30 boxed, bargain of the century :D. It really does !Removed! me off how bad our roads are and the terrible attempts to fix them.

Chase Cross Road in Collier Row !

My first buckled front wheel (also ruined the tyre)made the car feel as though the front wheels were out of balance......however the second buckle caused by the "massive" pot hole (when I hit it...sounded as though an artillery shell had gone off !!!!) has no obvious damage to the tyre, although the wheel is knackered the car drives perfectly.....weird!

theres so many poyholes lately , ive learnt there locations now as there are so many so know when to go round them, ive hit a few new ones lately and boy do they make a thud. Luckily i dont think they have caused any damage!

mine are the zetec alloys which i think are smaller than the zetec-s and titanium alloys so perhaps the size of the alloy does make a difference?

The size of the Alloy does make a difference as if you have 15" alloys as opposed to 16" or 17" ones you have 1" or 2" of tyre extra protecting the wheel if you hit anything. Having said that plenty of people seem to be having trouble with Fiesta wheels but they are mostly the 16" and 17" ones. I have 16" alloys on my Megane which has managed to do 93,000 miles with no wheel problems so the Ford ones are definitley weak...

Hi all just registered as a new user and can't beleive all the comments about alloy wheel issues we have a 59 TIT..took it to garage yesterday due to vibration and been told both front wheels are buckled!!....what on earth is going on??..Are Ford helping in any way and does anyone know where's the best place to get new ones??....I have already contacted my local council and submitted my complaint,photo's have been taken of the offending holes.....Many thanks...Mat

This is just another of Fords cop outs !

They wont admit to it being a known fault the same as all the poor people who have had the ecu or eac failure and the ABS module failure.

Dont know why it seems to be mainly a fiesta thing.

I had the ABS module failure at 34000 miles and they didnt want to know, quoted me £1000 to repair so i promptly traded it for a Mondeo !

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the list of complaints about recent Fiesta model alloys there is clearly a problem. My wife damaged an alloy going over a pot hole last Autumn that I regularly had to transit in my Jaguar or elderly MGB without any mishap and has just been told that the other 3 wheels are now so distorted that they cannot be balanced and will have to be replaced. Given her relatively low annual mileage (about 6000 a year) I find this amazing. Is Ford doing anything about this problem?

Hi all just registered as a new user and can't beleive all the comments about alloy wheel issues we have a 59 TIT..took it to garage yesterday due to vibration and been told both front wheels are buckled!!....what on earth is going on??..Are Ford helping in any way and does anyone know where's the best place to get new ones??....I have already contacted my local council and submitted my complaint,photo's have been taken of the offending holes.....Many thanks...Mat

Mat, just posted a similar comment about my wife's low mileage 2009 Fiesta. Went in for a service to be told 3 out of the 4 whelles are too distorted to balance. The fourth was replaced last November after a meeting with a relatively minor pot hole!

Ford told me they were designed to buckle...so I asked if in their design they had a fund to replace all the 'desgined' buckles?!

He wasnt impressed. Neither was I...180quid inc vat.

I been running older tougher 16inch ford rims with 205/50s rather than 195/45s was better but still have two small buckles in front rims.

Sucks.

I did try and get my 16inch repaird....i posted a pic here at somepoint...but when trying to bend it out the company cracked the wheel..not so good.

Is it me...or is this a modern thing...I never rememeber older cars/alloys bend the rims all the time!? :huh:

Providing your wheels and/or car isn't modified you have a case.

Persistencey is the key however!

:)

I claimed for my alloy a couple of years ago and got paid full for my wheel. I was glad about that, and also I was glad I took photos too as the within a few days the council was there filling it up with tarmac. Photos don't tell lies especially with time and date on.

Hope you get paid for your wheel. GOOD LUCK

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club