Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Vibration

buzzbee

I was just wondering if other people have experienced an issue I am having. If I rest my foot even gently on the clutch, it vibrates quite heavilly. More recenely, when I press the clutch, it vibrates and causes quite a knocking sound from within the engine.

Is this a common issue? Is it a case of getting a new clutch? If so, how expensive is this on Mondeos?

I have an 05 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi

Ta

Someone may correct me here, but it sounds like the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF)...when i bought my car the clutch felt dodgy so the garage i bought it from got a new clutch, clutch slave cylinder and DMF fitted..The bill was about £ 600 which thankfully i didn't have to pay...Some people also get the starter motor changed if it shows signs of wear on the teeth.....Bill

Someone may correct me here, but it sounds like the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF)...when i bought my car the clutch felt dodgy so the garage i bought it from got a new clutch, clutch slave cylinder and DMF fitted..The bill was about £ 600 which thankfully i didn't have to pay...Some people also get the starter motor changed if it shows signs of wear on the teeth.....Bill

I think you're spot on.

I went out for lunch today and when I got back in, the starter motor didn't want to know! It was just making a buzzing sound. My mechanic says it is likely that it is just dirty, from dust caused by a problem with the DMF, which he says is a regular thing. It can be cleaned up, but is likely to be a very temporary fix, so if that is what the problem is, it looks like I'll be getting a new clutch and maybe starter motor to boot.

Ouchie :)

classic symptoms of a knackerd DMF,which will only be cured by a new one.

• 2 months later...

Well, it finally got too much and I got a new one put on. I had a solid flywheel converter kid put on there and it now drives much better :)

how do you rate the solid conversion? as some people have said that it makes the clutch a lot harsher.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, it just feels like any normal clutch. Remember that before the conversion, my clutch was vibrating heavily, so to compare it with that, it is always going to seem good.

So far, it seems like it was a good idea, providing this is not contributing in some way to a new problem I have, with a whirring noise after the engine fires up. It certainly feels fine

hi buzzbee,

My dmf is gone, I'm uncertain whether i should go for the conversion or not. My dad think i should go for the conversion but i'm still undecided. I just wanted to know where you your conversion kit from?

Thanks

I haven’t a clue to be honest. It was all done by a local garage. They sourced and fitted it.

Sorry I can’t help

hi buzz, its defo your dmf, i just had to have mine replaced, it was doing the same m8, !Removed! expensive job m8 but if you shop around you can get a good deal i paid £600 for complete luk kit including consentric bearing and dmf plus clutch kit including fitting,