Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 07 Reg Headlight Bulb Change

dmliverpool

Hi there all ford owners. I am new to this but I was hoping some knowledgeable person out there can help?

I am pritty good with doing my own car maintenance. I do my own oil and filter changes and bits and bobs to save money.

I have come across a problem with changing the headlight bulb on my car. Its on the passenger side.

I can get the whole box off but my manual states that I need to disconnect the electrical supply?

I can change the bulb but I'm stuck at this stage which is not allowing me to take the whole assemble out in order to change the bulb.

Has anyone come across this? Any help would be great. I would go to my local benfield ford but if I can master this part it will save me time and money for a few years.

I only have a style 1.25 but it runs nice and runs on air. Any head up on what a fiesta tcdi mpg is like as I was also thinking of crossing over to diesel to squeeze even more miles per gallon?

Hi there all ford owners. I am new to this but I was hoping some knowledgeable person out there can help?

I am pritty good with doing my own car maintenance. I do my own oil and filter changes and bits and bobs to save money.

I have come across a problem with changing the headlight bulb on my car. Its on the passenger side.

I can get the whole box off but my manual states that I need to disconnect the electrical supply?

I can change the bulb but I'm stuck at this stage which is not allowing me to take the whole assemble out in order to change the bulb.

Has anyone come across this? Any help would be great. I would go to my local benfield ford but if I can master this part it will save me time and money for a few years.

I only have a style 1.25 but it runs nice and runs on air. Any head up on what a fiesta tcdi mpg is like as I was also thinking of crossing over to diesel to squeeze even more miles per gallon?

here's a pic from when I did mine the other week.

bulb.jpg

The electrical connector is the white square thing in the white connector. There's a clip at the side you have to squeeze to pull it off. If you reach in and disconnect that, pull twist the headlight the right way, and hold you face straight, and have a bit of luck it comes out.

Or at least that's my experience. I found it a right PITA to be honest. Really struggled to undo the screw that is behind the sticky up bit of bumper, and I was looking for a screw bottom right of the headlight as you look at it, but it's just the whict clicky rolly bit that you have to pull out. Once it was out tho, it was dead easy to change the bulb.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for your help. I half knew I have to pull that part away it was just a little stiff and I didn't know about the squeezy section. I just didn't want to rag it out which I was tempted to do so. But the thought of a mechanic at my local ford garage humming and ahhing at the damage if I was to get a repair estimate was a big mental block for me.

Will have another crack at it today. Again may thanks for your help!

Many thanks for your help. I half knew I have to pull that part away it was just a little stiff and I didn't know about the squeezy section. I just didn't want to rag it out which I was tempted to do so. But the thought of a mechanic at my local ford garage humming and ahhing at the damage if I was to get a repair estimate was a big mental block for me.

Will have another crack at it today. Again may thanks for your help!

I found that it wasn't the electrical connector that was stopping it coming out, there was plenty of slack on that if I remember correctly.

I started the job at about 3pm and I got to the point that the light was half off, the light was fading, it was freezing cold and I was very hacked off, when it just came off eventually. Thank God.

Good luck!

Just cracked it mate. The connector came off and the job was done. It went back on easier than it came off. I Will take a mental note for future vehicles. Many thanks for your help. I know what you mean by fading light, I too was stuck with a torch trying to fix it late at night.

Just cracked it mate. The connector came off and the job was done. It went back on easier than it came off. I Will take a mental note for future vehicles. Many thanks for your help. I know what you mean by fading light, I too was stuck with a torch trying to fix it late at night.

Good news. I attempted the wrist contortionism to do it without taking the unit out, but I'd never be able to do that on the drivers side, cos there's a fluid bottle behind it.

After about 45mins messing about, I was cursing myself for not paying the £3 or whatever Halfords would have charged me to fit it. It was only the UGH MAN FIX CAR GOOD attitude that stopped me. (To be fair, Wiper Blades and bulbs is about as complex as I can go, I wish I knew more!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club