Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Removal

jeebowhite

Sticky Thread Worthy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would this thread be useful to others if made a sticky thread?

Hi Guys,

Just come across this website, and it says you can remove the DPF...

Question is, in doing so, what effects will this have on the MOT, and in fact by removing the DPF, do you have to replcae it with an alternative clearing system?

I'd imagine if you did that you'd fail the emission tests if you simply cut it off and the ecu would have a serious pms attack. Although you'd probs get a shed load more kick and alot more response off the throttle.

Reading that link though it pretty much says if you thrash the !Removed! of a diesel off it will prevent dpf failure ..... what an excuse to give to the coppers "why were you doing 60 in a 30" well officer i was trying to stop my dpf clogging up haha.

Do they offer a service to remove or as they put it "regenerate" the dpf? (just checking)

now on a different forum (peugeotforums) i know that some of the members have actually removed their DPF, as they were fed up with constant faults with it. they had to go to a garage to get the filter and additive removed and the ecu remapped so it didnt throw a wobbly.

heres the link to the thread, discussing this if you are interested.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12791

its as i say if it can be done on one make, it sure can be done on another.

hope this helps

edit: also found this guide http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13017

Will take a look later, and I emailed them asking what they do still awaiting a response... It could be interesting!!!

Just took a look, it looks good, so the emissions could increase, and I will have to unplug sensors, if its only a few hundred quid to remove and doesnt affect the insurance / emissions (too badly) its something I will do!

Keep us posted on this jeebo im quite interested as to how it will go lol.

Me Too, will speak to Ford and find out what consquences are present, if I go through with it, then I will definately put all the details up, otherwise, will probably come back and say I didnt dare!

there is also a guide to tell/show you how to clean the DPF.

basically from what i understand

1) remove DPF, clean, refit

2) refill fluid

3) use ford dealer to reset counter

p.s if you need anything of the peugeot site, give me a shout im a super mod there (cck2k9)

2) refill fluid

p.s if you need anything of the peugeot site, give me a shout im a super mod there (cck2k9)

yeah my mates pugeot had it done and its never ran right since pugeot told him hes lucky they dont report him to vosa for doing it

Sorry if this offends anyone here but i cant get the mental image of a full on chavy scouser coming out going "wheres this focus then lads" whilst reving up an angle grinder :P

• Like 1

2) refill fluid

1) Is it different to the pug to change / etc

2) of those two links you provided earlier in the thread, it seems that they are both for removing / bypassing it? do you have any links for the changing / cleaning / refitting?

Thanks

jee - well if i read something in the past correctly, basically some focus's use the PSA engine, which in other words is peugeot/citroen so these guides can possibly be of some help...obv somethings maybe different

heres the link for the guide to clean etc

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9444

artscot - sorry to hear about this happening to your mate, but maybe he didnt do something right or there was another issue with his car. the reason i say this is because we have had loads of users follow this guide and have no complaints afterwards lol

Will take a look at the document when I get home, unfortunately it appears that my works web filter is a little too sensitive, maybe the prospect of cleaning particulate filters is a little too hot a topic for the filter ;)

i was reading up and come across this:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=76978

there were other forums etc stating the same thing... is this true, that the 1.8tdci engine does not have a DPF?

the reason i ask is because:

1) i have this engine and just curious, be a bonus if it is true

2) it contravenes what people saying about that it is needed for the vehicle to be EURO IV compliant, which according the docs it is EURO IV.

Hi John,

I believe you are right, it does seem to be true, and I think thats because of the engine and its tuning by ford! shame they couldnt just do that as standard...

Following on from this, above you will remember I contacted a company sinspeed regarding this, hopefully the information below will be of use to others. I am strongly considering them at this time!!

Currently we have a great promotional offer on whereby we can offer a complete DPF removal service for just £550.00 on the Ford Focus.

This quote includes the following:

Engine ECU Reprogramming - This will ensure the engine will run optimally & efficiently without any errors, without any warnings and with zero problems.

Diesel Injection Tuning - This is something we offer that NO other company in the whole of Europe can currently offer. The Diesel Injection Tuning will ensure your vehicle will still pass the MOT after the DPF is removed and this is guaranteed!

Physical DPF Removal - We not only remove the DPF, we bore out the exhaust system using an Industrial Pillar Drill to ensure optimum performance with a unique exhaust tone. This also ensures no particle residue will flow back into the turbo and cause damage to your vehicle!

This whole service from start to finish is normally retailing at £750.00 however, as a XMAS promotion we was offering this at £550.00 and can offer it to you at the very same discounted price.

Also, dependant on your location, we can offer a free collect & return service as well whereby a member of our team will come out, collect the vehicle and bring it back to our workshop. Once the work has been completed, your vehicle will be dropped back to you.

For bookings & more information, please call us on 0871 2887 666 or if you can respond with a contact number, a member of our team will call you back.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

SINSPEED LTD

• Like 1

thanks for the reply jee, thats lifted a weight of my back worrying about a replacment.

anyways back to topic they seem genuine to me, the only way is to take the plunge. in the end of the day if it doesnt work they have the legal right to put it back to factory for you...or so you would like to think etc.

the price is relatively cheap from what i have seen considering the work, parts and equipment needed.

especially the remap that you no doubtly get, needs a rolling road etc.

Does sound good, I did send another email asking about what guarantees are offered, I asked the below and will happily post the response if/when I get one!

1) What "Guarantee" is offered with this to confirm that the MOT will still be passed / no engine damage will occur from the removal?

2) Will there be any re-percussions with this removal (I.e engine efficiency / exhaust tone / performance?) will the vehicle appear modified in any way that may affect my insurance?

3) What location are you based in, as I am based in Medway, Kent?

4) As the DPF may have another 9,000 miles lifetime left, I am presuming that the offer will most likely have expired by that time?

5) What is the turnaround time for completion of this project?

• 2 weeks later...

My latest response from the company...

We offer a 2yr parts warranty and guarantee with our service the MOT will not be effected. There can be no damage to the engine as we are not installing a blockage, but instead removing a problem completely from a vehicle.

The performance of the engine will be increased and so will the life expectancy as there is reduced backpressure meaning the engine/turbo doesn't have to work as hard as before to produce the same amount of power. This can increase fuel efficiency and power.

We're in South-East London (Greenwich) and offer a free collect & return service in Medway, Kent. It will not appear modified because there is a heatshield covering the DPF box.

Our special offers expire without prior notice but this is the best price we've offered yet and I would be happy to hold this price for you until the end of next week (guaranteed).

Turn around time is one day.

For bookings & more information, please call us on 0871 2887 666 or if you can respond with a contact number, a member of our team will call you back.

looks good jee, id jump at that if i could afford it and was in the same shoes...investing to save money in the future...dragons den stuff hahahahaha

apparently it will cost £550 with this offer(source last post page 1 of this thread), hope this helps Mooresey.

Hi John I just been reading your story on your last car the pug.Just thought I would say that all. :P

haha good good, thanks for reading kev :D

apparently it will cost £550 with this offer(source last post page 1 of this thread), hope this helps Mooresey.

Thanks for that didnt see the price to start with :rolleyes:

Mine is parked up at the moment with two engine lights on stuck in limp mode :angry:

Sorry for the delay guys, the standard cost without this offer is £750. still cheaper than getting ford to replace at £1000 and then maintain at £130 a shot for the eolys fluid...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club