Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Haynes Manual Right

supplyslave

Want to replace the alternator and first of all need to replace auxillary drive belt on 2004 1.6. Haynes say turn belt tensioner bolt clockwise to release tension and then anti-clockwise when I put the belt back on. Is this right?

Want to replace the alternator and first of all need to replace auxillary drive belt on 2004 1.6. Haynes say turn belt tensioner bolt clockwise to release tension and then anti-clockwise when I put the belt back on. Is this right?

if it has a tensioner yes, as they are auto tensioners.

my 2001 doesnt have a tensioner - it uses a stretch belt, but the alternator can be unbolted to release the tension.

if it has an auto tensioner, take care as they can sometimes be very tight and a bit lethal.

hi yes this is correct, but in the sense that the bolt that secures the pulley wheel on the tensioner can be rotated clockwise to release the tension acting on the belt. i preferred to rotate it from above as i found it easier, theres a fair load on the tensioner, watch those nuckles!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club