Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can We Buy Your Car Back?

wozza89

Hi,

I received a letter from my ford dealership yesterday saying...

Can we buy your car back?

We are desperation short of certain cars, and having checked our records, your car is exactly what we want to buy right now!

Would you consider one of the following:

• Selling your car back to us?
  • Part exchanging your car for a newer model?

OR releasing your equity...

• Re-finance your car and we'll give you the full value in cash!

..........................................................................................

Has anyone else received one of these, or can you shed any light on any previous experiences of this... is it a good idea?

Thanks alot!

OR releasing your equity...

•Re-finance your car and we'll give you the full value in cash!

So they can make more commision i bet....

They are not sending this email because they need stock, they are sending it so they can make money as the VAT increase isnt helping car sales.

I got one - I may see what's on offer, but am fully prepared for the whole thing to be what it is - a marketing/moneymaking campaign.

I thinks its a bit of a sales ploy.

I have no sympathy for the greedy manufacturers and dealers. When Gordon Brown reduced VAT to 15% magically manufacturers suddenly added £1000 to list prices so punters still had to pay the same. Scrappage scheme forced them to divvy up their £1000 contribution so guess what?, list prices went up by another £1000 to compensate. Now VATs at 20% new cars look mega expensive, £14,000 for a mid range Fester and £17,000 for a Focus. Then another couple of grand for met paint and a few optional extras. With unemployment and inflation about to sky rocket closely followed by interest rates I can see sales of new cars nose diving.

Is this not just a way for you to be freed from a finance deal so they can sell you another new car..look good for sales?

Do you still have to whack down a disposit!?

It works for them as the price that they can sell nearly new cars on an approved used scheme is ludicrous. I bought my last car for £7995, they had it back two and a half years later... straight on the forecourt for £6500! Plus they get to have a crack at selling you another one too.

The only reason why I'd take them up on it is if I actually wanted a new Ford before the letter came through.

I thinks its a bit of a sales ploy.

I have no sympathy for the greedy manufacturers and dealers. When Gordon Brown reduced VAT to 15% magically manufacturers suddenly added £1000 to list prices so punters still had to pay the same. Scrappage scheme forced them to divvy up their £1000 contribution so guess what?, list prices went up by another £1000 to compensate. Now VATs at 20% new cars look mega expensive, £14,000 for a mid range Fester and £17,000 for a Focus. Then another couple of grand for met paint and a few optional extras. With unemployment and inflation about to sky rocket closely followed by interest rates I can see sales of new cars nose diving.

Fully agree here. They are all greedy, and will try any trick in the book.

Some people are very cynical, of course motor dealers are looking to make money thats what being in business is all about. But it's the same for every business so to describe them as greedy you would have to say everyone in business is greedy.

Early-1800's figures are a lot of crap too anyone with a calculator can tell you that. If £1000 was added to the price of a car to counter the 2.5% reduction in vat that would only make sense for a £40000+ car, so unless someone has been buying a ford GT I'm sure they didnt add that onto the price of the car... Same with the cost of cars increasing making sales harder, VAT has only been at 20% for a few weeks so i cant imagine that anywhere is noticing a decline in sales as yet, even then £375 onto the price of a £15k car is hardly a deal breaker if you were already planning to buy a car.

People should just look at the deals on offer and decide for themselves whats best by woring it out, i would no sooner listen to the made up figures on a car forum than i would to the salesmen trying to convince me i am better off buying a car from him than anywhere else :blink:

I am going to arrange an appointment to see what they have to offer, this doesn't mean that i have to agree to having a new car, although it would be interesting to see what they say. In an ideal swap i'd love to swap my Zetec, for a Zetec S, even if it was a year or two older, taking into account, i DO NOT want to be paying any more than i am now.

I have been thinking for a while that I want something larger with a bit more poke - and seeing as the Focus ST has now been pulled it may be the time to think about picking up one of the last few - Adz, I'm assuming there are still Focus STs out there to be had...

I would say car dealers are greedy in the way in which the majority of dealerships operate, rather than the fact that they want to make money like everyone else.

In this day and age in most other industries it's all about customer relationships and loyalty. My experience is there's very little of that around in Automotive sales, but maybe that's because I've only bought new Fords so far...

Ps Dan you can get an arm and a leg off ST's now. Have a look on drivethedeal.

Just been having a look at used car prices, and for my fiesta zetec 59 plate 10,000 miles, i'm looking at around £8,000 selling price, slightly less than what I hoped for! Although i did know what i was getting myself into when i took out the finance!

The alternative..... Can i justify part ex'ing mine for a Zetec S, about 2 years older.. at the end of the finance then having a car thats 5 years old, not 3... Either way, i will have to keep the car, because the whole finance deal then would have been a complete waste of money!

Any thoughts... I'm only 21, need some good advice!

Thanks

If you want honest advice that would be a terrible move financially. The mk7 only came out in the second half of 2008 so you'd be looking at a car which is a year older and only a bit better than the one which you currently own.

You've took the brunt of the depreciation in the first year so are much better off keeping it for 2 1/2 to 3 years and then swapping for another car.

But then sense often never comes into it when it comes to cars with me so I wouldn't blame you if you went for it.

Car dealerships confuse me, i think i'll just stick to old cars bought from people's back gardens...

Personally I'd say do what you can afford, I'm going from a 1.25 Zetec to a 1.6 Titanium and am sooooooooo excited

Just been having a look at used car prices, and for my fiesta zetec 59 plate 10,000 miles, i'm looking at around £8,000 selling price, slightly less than what I hoped for! Although i did know what i was getting myself into when i took out the finance!

The alternative..... Can i justify part ex'ing mine for a Zetec S, about 2 years older.. at the end of the finance then having a car thats 5 years old, not 3... Either way, i will have to keep the car, because the whole finance deal then would have been a complete waste of money!

Thanks

Personally i'd keep what you have unless you have a good reason to px it.

When it comes to cars you should aim not to move from a newer plate to and older one as finacially it's silly.

Keep what you got and save a few bob, or invest in lowering it and adding the kit...Pretty much the same thing really.

We've just bought a 58 MK7 Fiesta from our local Ford dealership.We got a 3 year finance deal from Ford finance.This as you know gives various options at the end of 3 years.Give the car back and owe nothing, trade the car in for the value you were set when you signed up for the finance or keep the car.

My dealership were very pushy in that they really wanted us to trade the car in after 3 years was up and kept repeating this.

All I wanted was a good car that would last us a good few years as I look after my cars very well.

To Ford though this is not good as I wont be a repeat customer for a good few years down the line.All they want is fast turnaround and regular custom.

Or amazing hand-me-downs? :D

Or them! the only problem is, is that the next possible hand-me-down can only be the Picanto......

Adz, I'm assuming there are still Focus STs out there to be had...

Yeah There is over 100 ST 3Doors around mixture of ST2 and ST3's

There is only 5 ST2 5 Doors remaining no others avalible

Just shows how unpopular the 3 Door is

Thanks

If I was you I'd keep hold of the car for 4 or 5 years. The cost of ownership will be very little compared to getting a car 2 years older (warranty/MOT etc), you won't get hammered as much on insurance and as already been suggested, you've took a hit on depreciation, getting rid now would be daft. I presume you're paying full amount over 3 years so car is fully yours and not Ford Options where you either give car back or pay remainder. If so, you can save a bit of money after the finance has finished to put towards another car, you're insurance will be much cheaper 4 years down the line on a deceent engined car therefore you won't be blowing a fortune on insurance. I understand as a young 'un you'll get bored easily with what you have, it happens to us elders as well, but letting your heart rule your head will cost you more money. The car will still be easy sellable at that time, you'd would have had your moneys worth out of it and you can take the next step to bigger and better.

I plan to keep my car the Full 3 years that I have gap insurance for it ... Then see what the Newest Focus ST 2012 turns out like. Judging from the Spec of the unreleased ST, it's twice the car the ZS is currently.

But that's paper talk, Have to wait for it to be on the road awhile before I pass my judgement and make a decision B)