Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Door

lucas1787

Hi, All my doors will unlock using the remote, but if I use the key in the drivers door it only opens that door.Is this a door lock fault in the drivers door or something else????. Thanks Dave

Car is Focus 1.6 Zetec 1999

Sounds like it could be a wiring issue, when you use the fob, it is picked up by the transciever and activates the locks from somewhere under the bonnet, when you use the key in the door, it travels through the door and to the rest of the car. I *think* that they are on two seperate wiring setups...

Sounds like it could be a wiring issue, when you use the fob, it is picked up by the transciever and activates the locks from somewhere under the bonnet, when you use the key in the door, it travels through the door and to the rest of the car. I *think* that they are on two seperate wiring setups...

Do you think it could be the loom running through the door/pillar or where the lock is.?Is there a common place that they go?.Thanks

Could be the loom, but I'm by no means the best to ask on wiring I'm afraid. The pillar sounds about right, but I would jog around google for a while, someone somewhere will have something, take a look out at other ford forums, as they have a lot of useful information! Does the central locking activate if you unlock the passenger side door? I know predominiantly it only works on the Drivers side, but some cars will work either side.

Could be the loom, but I'm by no means the best to ask on wiring I'm afraid. The pillar sounds about right, but I would jog around google for a while, someone somewhere will have something, take a look out at other ford forums, as they have a lot of useful information! Does the central locking activate if you unlock the passenger side door? I know predominiantly it only works on the Drivers side, but some cars will work either side.

Yes it does work using the key in the passenger door, so which tends to point youre theory of it being a wiring problem at the drivers door.I will have a look at the wkend when I have time,light and hopefully good weather.Thanks for the advice.

This might be of help :)

Thanks Apex, I will give that a go first with the WD40 trick, before attempting to remove the door panel. Cheers :)

Hi, All my doors will unlock using the remote, but if I use the key in the drivers door it only opens that door.Is this a door lock fault in the drivers door or something else????. Thanks Dave

Car is Focus 1.6 Zetec 1999

Update. I took out the bottom screw holding the door lock and sprayed WD40 in through using a small tube attached and hey presto the door now locks using the key,BUT the interior light wont go out when its locked???Any ideas on this. Thanks again

(just to cover the obvious!) you havent got the interior light set to permenant on have you? make sure it sits in the middle, and if its sat pointing to your driver window... pretend it wasnt!

Otherwise, sounds like its still a wiring issue. my belief is that the loom that runs along all doors, closes a circuit when the car is locked, on closing the locking circuit and locking all doors, I think it opens the interior light circuit, it could be that there is a link somewhere that is preventing it from opening the circuit properly.

Does the light go out when you close the doors from the inside? or does it only go out when you start the engine?

(just to cover the obvious!) you havent got the interior light set to permenant on have you? make sure it sits in the middle, and if its sat pointing to your driver window... pretend it wasnt!

Otherwise, sounds like its still a wiring issue. my belief is that the loom that runs along all doors, closes a circuit when the car is locked, on closing the locking circuit and locking all doors, I think it opens the interior light circuit, it could be that there is a link somewhere that is preventing it from opening the circuit properly.

Does the light go out when you close the doors from the inside? or does it only go out when you start the engine?

If I use the remote to lock,the light does go out,its only when I use the key it stays on,so as you say there still must be a wiring issue in the door/lock assy.I was hoping not to take the door panel off,but looks like I might have to but will have to wait until the weather gets warmer as I dont have a garage.The other good thing is,the locks now dont try to re-open again when I am driving,so spraying WD40 in the lock must of done something.!

Good Job, hopefully it works out!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club