Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp155 Now On The Mountune Web Site

andrew43

I would love to buy this kit but have had so many gearbox problems that I wont be voiding my drivetrain warranty for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Info on the site im booking in as soon as i can

You will have to let us know how it goes, and also post a video or something.

I'm considering this upgrade too!! :)

I would love to buy this kit but have had so many gearbox problems that I wont be voiding my drivetrain warranty for it.

really!? interesting...what blows?....

Im on STOC and ensuring we all tune a wee bit to keep ahead of the 155 upgrade!!! But i bet the ST box can cope better...or obviously it can cope better!! B)

Im on STOC and ensuring we all tune a wee bit to keep ahead of the 155 upgrade!!! But i bet the ST box can cope better...or obviously it can cope better!! B)

do't worry, simple breathing mods will always keep the mp155 in the rear view mirror. I've had the pleasure of caining the !Removed! out of the current 140 and it was completely gutless torque wise, unless mountune have performed a miricle i doubt they've managed to substancially boost the torque that much.. especially when cams are notorious for high end power and notlow down grunt..

Second gear pops out on the over-run, its going into Ford on Monday for the fifth time to try and get it fixed! Unfortunately, Fords inability to fix my gearbox has prevented me from getting the Mountune pack(s).

On another note, surely a brake upgrade would be useful because the stock brakes will be working at their limit with the 155 kit.

yeah...i was thinking in way of brakes too...mine fade in me tdci at times...too much left foot braking I think though!!!

also my thoughts went to the torque...the fiesta 2.0 has got the torque by the buckets....and the boxes very rarely brake!! Well a guy on STOC with a 330bhp ST has blown his...but thats understandable right!? :D

Yeah...will be modding with basics to ensure embarrassment to the 155ps boys!!....throttle body, KnN kit, flexi and decat and with a remap I be hitting 175ish easily. B)

Plus the 155ps cant be good on fuel...the ST when tuned mildly actually manages better MPG than standard!! :)

Emailed Mountune today and got a reply from Dave.

'We will be offering a special free fitting launch offer at our premises when we get the calibration back from Ford in the next few weeks.'

-saves you the cost of 7hrs labour. I will be booking myself in!! :)

Must be costing you a fortune in fuel for all them lessons! Be sweet to learn in a Fez ST :ph34r:

do't worry, simple breathing mods will always keep the mp155 in the rear view mirror. I've had the pleasure of caining the !Removed! out of the current 140 and it was completely gutless torque wise, unless mountune have performed a miricle i doubt they've managed to substancially boost the torque that much.. especially when cams are notorious for high end power and notlow down grunt..

read fast ford you will see the 155 in there and what agreat job mountune done

read fast ford you will see the 155 in there and what agreat job mountune done

Had a quick flick through this morning in the shops. Only saw info on the mp140??

Must be costing you a fortune in fuel for all them lessons! Be sweet to learn in a Fez ST :ph34r:

yeah, you would think....and I kinda was guna take the brunt of it...but when seriously calculating if it was worth going down the ST route i crunched some figures.......

tdci currently scraping to manage 43mpg...been going down nearly every day at the moment...

STs do around the 30mpg mk (not official figures...but Fiesta STOC figures...so real!)...

Mildly tuned STs manage more MPG...I was surprised to hear this...but again Fiesta ST info from the STOC...good bunch there...

and the ST will be on LPG once I am using it for the school...Diesel at 134.9p here, LPG 70p pr ltr.

That means I will make a saving of about 2/3p per mile on fuel alone...let alone the 250 quid a month saving taking the leasing costs out of the equation...and the day a month nearly of Ford appointments!! Lol! I will also maintain the car for next to nothing due to trade parts account!

So although it seems nuts...there is some logic and amazingly it will save me pocket loada cash each week/month!

Wonder what MPG figures the 155ps 1600s will come back with! :unsure:

Sounds good.

Just don't forget to factor in that LPG has a lower energy density than petrol, hence will result in 10-20% fewer mpg than the car running on petrol.

http://www.nextgreen...com/lpg-cng.php

Yeah when I had my MK6.5 LPG Fiesta I would get 40mpg on petrol & 32-34mpg on LPG - still saved me £1,200 in 12months though! (24,000miles)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club