Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Programe

lucas1787

At the moment when I press the unlock button the drivers door opens and I have to press it twice to unlock all the doors.Can this be changed to just press the unlock button and all the doors open?

You can do, but I cant remember the process. It should be in the owners hand book and is all done on the remote.

At the moment when I press the unlock button the drivers door opens and I have to press it twice to unlock all the doors.Can this be changed to just press the unlock button and all the doors open?

sit in car, with your remote in hand press the open and lock buttons at the same time, hold them down for about 4 or 5 seconds . You will then hear a beep [i think] now all doors will open with one press of the remote. If you want it back as it was [drivers door only] then repeat the procedure.

Only having the drivers door open on one click is in fact an anti hijack feature.

example:

Wife walking back to the car in a deserted car park opens car door via the remote, sits in and belts up. At the same time this big gorilla who was crouched down on other side of the car. Opens passenger side door, sits down next to wife {who is now strapped in] puts knife to her throat and says DRIVE......think about it!

Or if she is plum ugly, he is just away with her handbag that she had put on the passenger seat

Never knew that - thanks Catch! might reconfigure mine to use anti hijack!

Never knew that - thanks Catch! might reconfigure mine to use anti hijack!

I have it configured that way. I mean it's no big deal to press the remote twice within three seconds of each other to open all the doors if I'm out with the wife as a passenger. Beauty is anybody on their own is only opening the door they use to get into the car.

I have it configured that way. I mean it's no big deal to press the remote twice within three seconds of each other to open all the doors if I'm out with the wife as a passenger. Beauty is anybody on their own is only opening the door they use to get into the car.

Thanks I will try that out.Its not a major probably,but as I have some issues with my central locking at the moment,if I forget to hit the button twice,the car opens all the locks while I am driving and scares the life out of me!!,so I may as well have them all open on one touch and reduce my heart rate a little!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club