Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Battery Light

m.levin

Hi All

I have a 05plate KA. This time last year I had the fault with the battery light coming on and off during a journey, with out any issues, then I started to suffer from electrical power loss, after a week or two of running with this issue.

So I replaced the alternator and the issue went, until last week. when it returned with the same symptoms and last year. Which I put it down to a possible weather related fault? I also noticed that the lights pulsate randomly.

I connected a multimeter to the cigarette lighter, to monitor the charging whilst driving and to see if I could find a pattern to the light coming on.

I was getting between 13.9 and 14.8 volts. I don't feel that it is the alternator, but heard that it could be this smart charge.

I have checked out the wiring and all looks fine and secure and cleaned the terminals on the plug and socket on the alternator.

I don't want to replace the alternator again for this issue to comeback again at a later date, as it did this time.

I am after information on a possible causes and information on this smart charge I keep hearing about.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club