Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen Filter

buldoggaz

Catch, Good guide. Just confused about the fuse box. Ath the front of the box are 2 twist catches that let it deop down. But are you also saying disconnect the rear hinges too.

Also did you disconnect the battery when doing this.

Thanks

daz

Catch, Good guide. Just confused about the fuse box. Ath the front of the box are 2 twist catches that let it deop down. But are you also saying disconnect the rear hinges too.

Yes, you just lift the fuse box assembly and unhook it from the bracket that is secured to the bulkhead, it allows you to move the fuse assembly to the left. And best to remove the bracket itself, this inturn making it easier to get at the filter compartment. And easier to slid the filter into position without the need to scrunch it up and stuff it into the housing at an angle.

Also did you disconnect the battery when doing this.

Thanks

daz

No need to do that.

• 8 months later...

Right here are some photo's I took, to aid anyone wanting to have ago at changing their own Pollen Filter. Just follow the advice already given by John and Brian.

The question you have to ask yourself is this...has it ever been changed?

Lets look at my motor as an example.

It's a 55 plate, so at the time I write this post, it is five years and four months old. Having supposedly undergone four services prior to coming into my ownership back in October 2009. It had what was agreed prior to me picking it up from the selling Ford Main dealer, a 37.5K major service. It was sold as a "Franchise Approved Vehicle" Now I was present when my mechanic did it's first service in my ownership in October 2010, and I said I would do the pollen filter myself at a later date. Now bare in mind the pollen filter is supposed to be changed at every annual service. Myself I think that is not really necessary unless your doing a fair mileage say 20K or above.

Anyway my motor has 39,396 miles on the clock, and when I removed the filter I Googled the manufactures name, Micronair you will see on that page that it states:The majority of all new vehicles are fitted with micronAir.

So, given that the Ford replacement pollen filters part number 1 494 691, the one I fitted, are slightly different to the Micronair one I removed. And given that there are quite a few different after market branded filters stocked by auto parts suppliers to the trade. It would be fair to assume that the filter I removed was in fact the original filter installed in the aircon unit prior to it being installed at the time of the cars build date. Indeed the nut headed type screws that secured the filter cover, looked like they had never seen a socket since the day they were originally screwed in.

So I would recommend to all that if you want to be sure your motors filter is up to the job, best to replace the filter yourself. Like I said on my last post Ebay is full of auctions of these filters :rolleyes:

Additional Tip:

Photo one shows the glove box removed, now after removing the glove box, 4 screws at top, 3 at the bottom. Disconnect the mechanism that is supposed to stop the glove box door from opening to quickly. It's just to the right of the opening in the picture, a plastic rod in a cylinder type thing. Then just pull the glove box lid [using both hands] it will come away from it's securing hinges. Reverse instruction to refit, you will hear it click into its hinges.

Fuseboxout.jpg

Filterhousing.jpg

PF.jpg"]

PF1-1.jpg

can someone from the Mods stick this guide in to the specific section on the focus Guides & How to

thanks.

Had no idea about this piece. Suggesting mine obviously needs changing as never changing it before. Will this fit my car anyone? Thanks.

http://payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShopCart&sca=1&varid=0&item=New+%26+Sealed+Genuine+Ford+Focus+%282005-2010%29+Odour+Pollen+Filter&rp=-923433443&itemid=280922576436

If you get the garage to change the filter during a service you can easily check if it has been done, move the passenger seat fully forward and put a piece of masking tape on the seat runner before the car goes to the garage, the mechanic will need to push the seat back to replace the filter this will move the tape, he is also unlikely to pull the seat forward again. I'm not saying I don't trust garages but it does give peace of mind to know it's been changed and you have not been charged for something that,s not been done. <_<

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club