Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Input In The Fiesta

Gareth Mattey

Hi,

Well i bought a fiesta studio, basic model but im sure i read on there website that even that has aux input but obviously not. I thought it was just bluetooth and usb thats an extra. It has the aux button on the stereo but it doesnt do anything.

Im currently using a logic fm transmitter that plays stuff from my phone via the radio.

Is it possible to get the aux connection fitted?

Thanks

You should have a jackplug socket next to the 12v socket below your gearstick

There isnt one there, just the plastic cover thats plain.

Im guessing one could be fitted as has the button on the stereo but not sure.

Thanks

if the button doesn't change the stereo into AUX mode then it would need a software upgrade also. i guess in another cost cutting exercise they took it out of the basic model in the model restructure.

It has the button but doesnt change into anything like aux mode. It must be possible since already has the button and yes software update id imagine but ford would probably charge hundreds if even possible. Just handy for my sat nav, not too fussed about music as can use cds if need be.

Thanks

The Aux button changes between the Aux input jack and the USB socket, if you have no USB it can't change anything!

Oh right well theres definately no aux socket so guessing they just left the button in so they didnt have to redesign a new stereo just for one model

i dont think it'd be hard to add one, on my golf ive added an aux cable that leads into my glove box, which is great as i can hide a ipod in there and not worry about it on show

According to ford there should be an AUX socket!

Thats what i thought, i looked at some picture/table comparing all the specs of different models and it said even the studio had aux input. Im guessing no one else had to remove a cover to get to there usb and aux? The cover is clipped in place and doesnt seem easy to remove without some force.