Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems Starting After Starter Mototr Change

Seaniedunnie

Hi,

have a focus 1999 2.0l ghia, changed starter motor after problems and after minor hiccup car started fine. Let it run awhile but once stopped wouldn't restart. All I get is a 'click'but nothing else. Bit frustrating after the pain in the neck starter motor install!!!

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Sean

Sounds like either the new motor is a bit sticky or the solenoid may be duff.

Have you checked and cleaned all the connections?

Sounds like either the new motor is a bit sticky or the solenoid may be duff.

Have you checked and cleaned all the connections?

thanks for the reply. Bought the starter of eBay as used. With last starter when I turned the key i had a continual clicking, but with this i get just one click and nothing else. Could it be anything else other than the starter?

Is the battery ok ? also check the voltage at the battery on idle, should be at least 13.5v

Was worried about the battery so tried jump starting her but had no effect. Could it be anything else other than battery? can you damage starter when installing? had battery disconnected throughout.

Try and get someone to gently tap the starter from underneath while you try and start it. If it does "wirr" into action your starter is sticky/duff

Gave up trying to find the problem and resorted to the local garage. Embaressingly they said I didn't fully tighten the nuts on the starter motor so with a bill of £72 which included recovery she's running fine and dandy. At some point I will be pleased when I can pull my head out of my a**e. Thanks for all your help, maybe I can become the resident 'nut' tightener as my 'nuts' have been truly tightened,

Thanks

Sean

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club