Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window One Shot Feature Not Working

mick88

Hi All,

After fitting wind deflector's to my Fiesta the one shot opening/closing feature on the driver's side only work's when opening, window isn't hitting the defector anywhere along the window runner

Any one know any way's of resetting it so that it's work's both way's again, have tried holding the button down for a few second's when open and closed but still only work's on opening :(

Thank's in advance

Hi

I've had exactly the same issue many times, and it's an easy fix

Open the window fully and hold the button down for 5 seconds after its fully open

Then fully close the window and again hold the button for an extra 5 seconds

Do this another 2 or 3 times and it will reset the system

It only does this because of the safety feature implemented to stop people trapping hands/fingers in the windows

Hope this worked

Kris

• Like 1

Thank's for the reply Kris

Have been doing as you have said without success, maybe not givivng it enough time. Will give a few more goes tomorrow, raining at the minute this part of the world.

The anti-trap did kick in when the deflector's were first fitted

you need to put both the passenger window and and drivers window fully down then fully up a couple of times as the window motors are intelligent modules and need to re learn their boundaries

• Like 1

Thanks, didn't think it would have affect the passenger side as the one shot feature is only on the driver's side. Don't want this to sound dumb but is the reset done on both window's together or separetly

Hey

I've never done the together, no good at multi tasking :)

I had to do my windows yesterday as I always take my deflectors off if I put my car through the car wash, its too cold to hand was at the moment.

Give it a go and just hold the button down for 5 seconds or so

Keep us updated

Kris

Hello

Success today :D :D , put the window down and released the switch then held the switch for a few second's then repeated this for the window going up, repeated 3 time's. Working again fine now, just a wee problem but was annoying that it wasn't working

Thank's again for your help, much appreciated

• 3 years later...

Completely normal Yasin. You need to help with windows up with your hands the first time then keep the windows closed 24-48 hours to 'bed in' and the rubber seals to mould around the deflectors. After this you shouldn't have any issues.

must be the heat, same prob with my one touch up on drivers side today, knew of this fix already will go fix it later....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club