Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dmf Replacement

sweettoad

Just wondering if the Haynes manual tells you how to do this,and if anyone has done it?would you need any special tools?Thanks.

To my knowledge, the DMF needs to be removed with the engine. I could be wrong but I would say take it to the dealer!

we have a Haynes manual at home for the 1.6 petrol 2005 > what year is your vehicle?

To my knowledge, the DMF needs to be removed with the engine. I could be wrong but I would say take it to the dealer!

The DPF is part of the exhaust system.

It's a garage job really, an Independent can do it, but it will require and Eloys additive top up and ECU reset, the later needing to be done by a Main Dealer

Hi Catch, I think he was referring to the flywheel rather than "the damned!"

Hi Catch, I think he was referring to the flywheel rather than "the damned!"

Silly me, I'm getting my M and P's mixed up :rolleyes:

Trouble is it's there to do a job, albeit badly in a lot of cases........just one more reason to steer clear of diesels. Unless you rack up huge mileage, that way all the money you save on fuel, you will have available to spend on repairs :D

Silly me, I'm getting my M and P's mixed up :rolleyes:

Trouble is it's there to do a job, albeit badly in a lot of cases........just one more reason to steer clear of diesels. Unless you rack up huge mileage, that way all the money you save on fuel, you will have available to spend on repairs :D

Even then I am estimating my mileage at circa 14,000 coming up so even petrol still appeals more!

Back on topic, if you have a 2005 > I will take a look at my Haynes at home and let you know if its there!

I will take a look tonight and (as long as I remember) will post it on here. Unfortunately my son is having an impact on my memory!

I remembered!!! After checking the haynes, the flywheel is something that is described as how to be removed, Haynes give it 3/5 spanners for difficulty, so its for "confident" DIY persons. Bare in mind that the engine needs to be supported with a jack and a block of wood. I cant remember what page it was on but removal of the flywheel is definately there!

EDIT: just to confirm it was also the Petrol Haynes I looked at!