Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaking Noise

starfield

Hi all,

my car is described on the left.

I can hear a faint creaking sound whenever i go over humps. It seem to be coming from the left front wheel.

This started like a month or two ago. Could this be just the cold

I would suggest getting it checked by garage immediately as anything connected with the front wheels could be brakes, suspension or steering related and if anything goes wrong with any of these its a serious safety issue.

My local Ford garage had a quick look at my car with similar problem, no charge for looking and booked the car in for a repair next day.....see below

I had similar creaking noise from front left, first noticed when going over small bumps in road at 15 - 20 mph

Then noticed that it was more noticeable when turning the steering when parking the car.

This turned out to be worn / broken joint on front suspension drop link.

Ford garage had this fixed for me in 30 minutes at a cost of about £80

I would suggest getting it checked by garage immediately as anything connected with the front wheels could be brakes, suspension or steering related and if anything goes wrong with any of these its a serious safety issue.

My local Ford garage had a quick look at my car with similar problem, no charge for looking and booked the car in for a repair next day.....see below

I had similar creaking noise from front left, first noticed when going over small bumps in road at 15 - 20 mph

Then noticed that it was more noticeable when turning the steering when parking the car.

This turned out to be worn / broken joint on front suspension drop link.

Ford garage had this fixed for me in 30 minutes at a cost of about £80

i have read on different sites that spraying white lithium grease might stop the squeaking. Anybody tried that

hi i just had the same problem, it turned out to be the anti roll bar and its bushes, it cost £60 for both sides replaced, now the creak is gone.

i hope this is of any help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club