Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter

buldoggaz

has any one changed a fuel filter on a 2007 focus `1.8 tdii know its at tank some where or is it the tank many thanx buldoggaz :unsure:

Take a look at this and watch the following videos.

Filter should be located near passenger-side rear wheel.

Hopefully a combination will help you to change the filter!

i just changed the fuel filter in my 2006 1.8tdci, if its anything like that engine the fuel filter is located in the engine bay on the right hand as you look at it. the best way to describe it is to say it has a black metal protecting plate on the top. has 2 black tubes and 1 electrical connection. and the main body of it is a black tubular plastic. if its the same as that i can give instructions on how to replace, i had a right farf on servicing it (couldnt get the car to start)...but its all sorted now and i know now for the next time.

Changing the filter is simple, as johnH says it is located in the engine bay on the right side of the cylinder head as you look at it.

Beware, bleeding it after can be difficult, you need to know what you are doing or you wont get it re started,

Regards Brian

yeah a top tip is to leave the fuel in the filter housing so it will push through and get the car started...i beleive these are self-bleeding systems...mine did itself so...could be wrong tho.