Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gripes About Ford Direct Nov 2010 Titanium

barrywi

I'm on my second new Fiesta (actually this one was pre- registered and had 300 miles on the clock). The build doesn't seem quite as good on the second and although they are both Titanium spec I've noticed a few minor differences. For example, I am sure my first one had a light in the bottom of the interior mirror which gave a subdued glow over the gearchange area,not on this one. Also the central dash display is quite different. It has now developed a rattle which I have narrowed down to the tailgate. Is this easily adjusted or have I got to go through the pain of taking it in ? Still a great car to drive though.

I'm not 100% on this but doesn't that glow come from the light fitting in the roof, 2 small rectangle slots with the red lights in.

I'm not 100% on this but doesn't that glow come from the light fitting in the roof, 2 small rectangle slots with the red lights in.

Yep, this.

I'll have another check re ambient light after dark. I've got the 'ambient' light under the glove box though. Mine is Morello too, KeithC, they seem quite rare.

I'll have another check re ambient light after dark. I've got the 'ambient' light under the glove box though. Mine is Morello too, KeithC, they seem quite rare.

They are, which is what I like. :)

KeithC, you are right about the pinpoint lights in the interior light unit. My previous Mk 7 had a different rear view mirror with a light underneath and the antidazzle sensor was in the surround not within the glass as this one appears to be. I think it was slightly larger too. In the same area, The cable to the rain sensor is exposed on this one where it appears from the headlining whereas it was done much more neatly on my previous Mk7 with no gap. Did Ford try a few before settling on a cheaper option ? My first Mk 7 was a factory order due to the 1.6 diesel I specified. Could this be a clue ? Still investigating the tailgate rattle.

No interior light for the passengers does seem a bit cheap on such a high spec. model. I believe someone has fitted an aftermarket one but it involves cutting the headlining which I am loath to do.

Guess what colour my previous Fiesta was from my username !

KeithC, you are right about the pinpoint lights in the interior light unit. My previous Mk 7 had a different rear view mirror with a light underneath and the antidazzle sensor was in the surround not within the glass as this one appears to be. I think it was slightly larger too. In the same area, The cable to the rain sensor is exposed on this one where it appears from the headlining whereas it was done much more neatly on my previous Mk7 with no gap. Did Ford try a few before settling on a cheaper option ? My first Mk 7 was a factory order due to the 1.6 diesel I specified. Could this be a clue ? Still investigating the tailgate rattle.

No interior light for the passengers does seem a bit cheap on such a high spec. model. I believe someone has fitted an aftermarket one but it involves cutting the headlining which I am loath to do.

Guess what colour my previous Fiesta was from my username !

I can't say I've seen an exposed wire in ours, but there again I haven't looked. If I think on next time I'm in it I'll have a look.

I'm sure it was the advert that first caught my wife's eye,the one on the TV and the Magenta Fiesta. When we went looking, we had in our mind that we would get the Magenta with Individual Red Leather. But we saw a Morello in the showroom with matching interior and the wife said she actually preferred it as the Magenta one outside wasn't exactly sparkling and didn't look as good as it does in the promos. Then we saw one with a full Dress Up Kit and realised we could have a Morello, with Dress Up kit and Tech pack for around the same price as the Magenta and Individual leather,so that's what we went for.

The Hot Magenta on my previous car was a great colour my wife and I both thought and still do. However, I found two disadvantages with it. When I asked about a touch up kit as a precaution in case of stone chips etc., my local dealer enquired and found that "Ford won't be providing one for this colour as it's a special three pack (?) finish. You will have to bring it into the paintshop for anything like that". Which I wasn't too impressed with. I did get a Hot Magenta mix made up by Halfords but never used it. Also the Magenta finish seemed extremely soft and I had loads of scuffs and scratches around door entries. This Marello finish seems much more durable and I even have a touch up kit which I haven't used yet, not a single scuff mark yet. I might have had another Fiesta in Hot Magenta but my wife preferred this Morello. I choose the car,she chooses the colour has always been our way which is fair enough !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club