Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Spare Wheel

Hairy Boy

Hi,

have picked up a space saver wheel from a Focus to use on our 2010 Fiesta Zetec 1.6 S.

All seems fine with the size (it is a 15" space saver wheel with a 125/80 R15 tyre) but struggling to see which securing bolt would work and if the bracket in the boot it would screw into is complete:

fiestaboot.jpg

I need a bolt approx 12-13cm long as this is the distance from the top of the centre hole in the steel wheel and the bracket in the base of the boot.

Also, the bracket in the base of the boot has a larger centre hole and then hole either side - the central larger hole is not threaded but the holes either side both are threaded.

I have a jack and brace but the securing bolt side of things is what I am struggling with, can anyone help with advice ?

Should I buy a Focus securing bolt (as its a focus wheel) or a Fiesta bolt ?

A Focus securing bolt should work. It doesn't have to be that long though, as you are meant to turn the wheel the other way around so the rim is touching the bottom.

Hi Hairy

I am after a spare wheel for my 1.25 Zetec 59 plate. Any tips on finding one? new one and jack is very expensive. Regards BK

Hi Hairy

I am after a spare wheel for my 1.25 Zetec 59 plate. Any tips on finding one? new one and jack is very expensive. Regards BK

I found scrapyards near me didn't have any fiesta space savers so I got a Focus space saver spare (must have 4 bolt holes, some focus wheels seem to have 5 bolt holes having had a quick look on Ebay).

The focus space saver with a jack and wheel brace are brand new and cost me £42.50. It is a 15" steel wheel with a Pirelli 125/80 R15 tyre fitted. It fits the space in the fiesta boot just fine and I tried in on the car today, drove round the block and everything was well. Overall outer circumference of the tyre is near as dammit the same as the low profiles fitted on 16" alloys on the car so everything is fine for me with no fouling on the bodyywork or brake calipers etc (the tyre is narrower).

The standard space saver for a new fiesta is a 14" wheel I believe but I think the ST comes with a 15" wheel which I think is the same as the focus one I have got.

I have ordered a focus bolt to hold the spare down (shorter version around 12cm long) so will give that whirl and report back and let you know if its works.

I found scrapyards near me didn't have any fiesta space savers so I got a Focus space saver spare (must have 4 bolt holes, some focus wheels seem to have 5 bolt holes having had a quick look on Ebay).

The focus space saver with a jack and wheel brace are brand new and cost me £42.50. It is a 15" steel wheel with a Pirelli 125/80 R15 tyre fitted. It fits the space in the fiesta boot just fine and I tried in on the car today, drove round the block and everything was well. Overall outer circumference of the tyre is near as dammit the same as the low profiles fitted on 16" alloys on the car so everything is fine for me with no fouling on the bodyywork or brake calipers etc (the tyre is narrower).

The standard space saver for a new fiesta is a 14" wheel I believe but I think the ST comes with a 15" wheel which I think is the same as the focus one I have got.

I have ordered a focus bolt to hold the spare down (shorter version around 12cm long) so will give that whirl and report back and let you know if its works.

When the space saver is in place in the wheel well and you replace the carpet over the top of it, does the carpet not sink into the wheel well?

A 15" focus space saver wheel is really thin!

I would try and source the correct 14" Fiesta spare which is fitted with a proper road tyre and not one of these wierd looking space saver tyres.

Thanks Guys gives me something to go on I was looking on E BAY and there was a "Spare Wheel Kit" for £182 + 12.00 carriage

I will trawl the scrappys and see what turns up. Brian

• 2 months later...

Will a mk1 Focus space saver 125/80/15 do the job for my zetec with wheels of 195/50/15. One of the guys on here said it was ok for their Zetec S but thats with 16 wheels.....many thanks

Thanks for that its just Ive got the chance of a Focus mk1 spacesaver for a tenner so if it would fit that would be the cheapest option. Also are all ford jacks the same or is it a certain one for the Fiesta mk7?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club