Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Correct

Bilz

hi, i was reading the haynes manual for my 1999 focus and it says and shows that the 1.6 has the zetec se engine but mine sayes zetec s on it, is this meant to be right?

I believe there are a number of different engines, mine is a zetec se. is yours a silver cam cover?

I think (if I remember rightly) the S engines were in the LX models down and the SE engine in the Zetec upwards models. SE had a bit more power as you may notice that the Zetec models upwards had 16 inch wheels and LX's down had 15 inch.

I think (if I remember rightly) the S engines were in the LX models down and the SE engine in the Zetec upwards models. SE had a bit more power as you may notice that the Zetec models upwards had 16 inch wheels and LX's down had 15 inch.

zetec models also had 15 inch wheels.

<br />zetec models also had 15 inch wheels.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

http://en.wikipedia....rd_Sigma_engine

its a zetec se engine used from 1998-2004/5 se had more power than the zetecs? 100bhp for the zetec se at 6k rpm its not a zetec engine but refers to the trim level there are no other 1.6 litre engines in the focus other than the zetec se also badged as the zetec s its fords branding that causes the confusion the engine isnt a zetec and is nothing like a zetec however its badged as a zetec due to the trim level its abbrevited as a zetec s wether s or se they are the same engines with the same power used in the same cars the lx has a se engine as does the 1,4 and 1.25 fiesta the 1.8 has the zetec engine also known as the zetec e the se has oil filter at the front and is mounted the opposite way round from the zetec e as the oil filter is at the rear

zetec models also had 15 inch wheels.

Thats right, I remember now. The tyre profile was lower on the LX but both were 15 inch. I put a set of Zetec alloys with tyres on an LX and the mid range torque was rubbish because of the larger diameter.

thats strange, my focus is a zetec

any way does anyone know what this problem is, when i put the accelarstor to about half way, the revs somestime rapidly jump to around 3k and the car will shoot off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club