Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Parking Sensors To Fiesta Mk7

rickycowslip

I fitted them Bosch sensors finally. And it was a real real real pain in the ***** to fit those quarter turn things at the back that hold the  spacer in place and that the sensor slides into them. They were frustratingly difficult to fix I am really disappointed with Bosch (expensive product) for this. I drilled the exact size of 26mm (measured even with a verneer caliper and it was a clean cut so there is no excuse about that. I do not know how I did not break all 4 of them. It was a real struggle. Thing That I noted is that they start beeping at a very close range Is there any way that I can increase a bit their sensitivity? I doubt it.

Also the end sensors, the ones that I had to colour left a little gap (1mm or so) at the top. They didn't seat completely flush. Did yours sealed completely flush http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/profile/31593-lollapalooza/ ? lollapalooza or not? I really don't wish to take the bumper off again. Also the angle and position  of these sensors at the end are somewhat off Bosch's table they are at 380mm height and 102 degrees. So I had to use the 0263006102 rings which are the most tilted ones for the ends. Did you use these as well lollapalooza?

17622931_10155515302935769_600983782_o.jpg

tabella.jpg

On 30/3/2017 at 8:38 PM, rod905 said:

Thing That I noted is that they start beeping at a very close range Is there any way that I can increase a bit their sensitivity? I doubt it.

As far as I remember, there's a way to calibrate them, just check the installation manual.

14 hours ago, rod905 said:

Also the end sensors, the ones that I had to colour left a little gap (1mm or so) at the top. They didn't seat completely flush. Did yours sealed completely flush http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/profile/31593-lollapalooza/ ? lollapalooza or not? I really don't wish to take the bumper off again. Also the angle and position  of these sensors at the end are somewhat off Bosch's table they are at 380mm height and 102 degrees. So I had to use the 0263006102 rings which are the most tilted ones for the ends. Did you use these as well lollapalooza?

My sensors don't have any gap. They are completely seated in.

It was a long ago, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think I used same rings.

Can you please be so kind to post a pic of the end sensor from the top, looking down at it at close range pleaseeee.

Your car needs a wash lol. Joking apart where could I have gone wrong? I drilled in the place marked with a square and a cross in its centre. You remember if you placed the thing at the back with those white serrated arms that you press facing upwards or downwards? Although I dont think they make a difference. Yours are perfectly flush

13 hours ago, rod905 said:

Your car needs a wash lol. Joking apart where could I have gone wrong? I drilled in the place marked with a square and a cross in its centre. You remember if you placed the thing at the back with those white serrated arms that you press facing upwards or downwards? Although I dont think they make a difference. Yours are perfectly flush

Sorry, I don't remember...

No I posted the pics of the rings. They are 1mm over (27mm) at the vertical position, across they are ok. That is why they were so hard to fit. I am really disappointed with Bosch. What should have been an hour and a half job was a 3hr frustrating job. And being Bosch and costing 150eur I did not een think that they might be off size so I did not check them. I did last night though on the spare rings that I have left and there is the result.

• 3 months later...

Hello, 
I intend to fit some sensors onto 2016 model. Do I have to take the bumper off or can I keep it on? Is there foam inside it?? 
Thank you in advance.

You need to remove rear bumper.

• 1 year later...

Just an update,, i fitted parking sensors to my Fiesta zetec 3dr model UK version. In this the wire feed through is in the right hand side (drivers side). Also the Wire number 5 was the positive and 1 or 2 was negative (sorry forgot the exact number). I didn't have to take the bumper off. So far working fine

Thanks all for the tips

• 1 year later...

Hi, just about to fit 4 rear sensors to a 2016 fiesta - is it preferable to fit to the bumper or the diffuser? fitting to the the diffuser is a bit low in order to miss the metal beam behind.

Thanks tony