Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2007 Aux Problems

Jack Hardy

Hi,

Basically, I've recently purchased an adaptor for the power unit in my 2007 Ford Focus that allows me to plug in USBs and also provides another power unit for things such as satnavs (this model: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....harger-usb.jpg)

I've plugged it in and it works fine, it charges the satnav and, more importantly, when I use a USB cable to plug in my ipod it charges it. Now, the problem. The main logic of the purchase was to play my ipod in the car. Now, whilst it seems to connect to the ipod by charging it, when I play it and put 6000CD stereo onto the 'aux' setting, it doesn't play anything, no sound comes out whatsoever. It doesn't appear to be an issue with the adaptor, as it charges the ipod and the satnav, but more with the stereo, I assume I have it on the correct setting on the stereo yet it still plays nothing, in spite of the ipod being plugged in via the power socket.

Can anybody help me here? It's very irritating as I bought the adaptor today and it's failing to perform the one function I required it for! Any suggestions as to why this isn't working would be much appreciated.

sorry i cant open that page, page cannot be found, so i cant see how it installs or anything. but anyways i take it your trying to play the media through the adaptor and aux on the radio...please correct me if i am wrong.

is the adaptor plugged into the radio at the aux connection, which is not on the main harness....(sorry if i sound like a drummid)

It sounds to me like your using one of these: usb.jpg.

You definitely won't hear sound if that's all your using. There should be a 3.5mm jack in the glove box to plug in the ipod/pad/phone whatever.

I'm using this one

8-12-08-car-charger-usb.jpg

And I'm plugging it into the main power outlet just in front of the gear box. I was told in Maplins it would allow me to play my ipod. Very confusing. Sorry to sound like an amateur, but what does this 3.5mm jack look like? Does the usb connection not allow me to play my ipod at all?

no...this is ONLY providing power to your ipod...just like its only providing power to your satnav...the only thing that goes to that adapter is 12volts.

You need to buy basically a lead that you would plug in your ipod for your headphones (thats a 3.5mm jack) but instead of headphones the other end, it has another 3.5mm jack. You then plug the other end in the aux input for the stereo...which sounds like is in the glovebox.

you need something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-2M-3-5mm-Audio-Stereo-Jack-Jack-Cable-Lead-Gold-/280627429647?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4156b2c10f#ht_2201wt_817

or get something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-RADIO-TRANSMITTER-CAR-CHARGER-IPHONE-4-3GS-IPOD-/180619040783?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKits&hash=item2a0dbbd80f#ht_3425wt_1051

which will trasnmit your ipod via a chosen radio frequency, you then just tune your radio to your ipod! My wife and best mate both use these without hassle.

Piggy :)

no...this is ONLY providing power to your ipod...just like its only providing power to your satnav...the only thing that goes to that adapter is 12volts.

You need to buy basically a lead that you would plug in your ipod for your headphones (thats a 3.5mm jack) but instead of headphones the other end, it has another 3.5mm jack. You then plug the other end in the aux input for the stereo...which sounds like is in the glovebox.

you need something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-2M-3-5mm-Audio-Stereo-Jack-Jack-Cable-Lead-Gold-/280627429647?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4156b2c10f#ht_2201wt_817

or get something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-RADIO-TRANSMITTER-CAR-CHARGER-IPHONE-4-3GS-IPOD-/180619040783?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKits&hash=item2a0dbbd80f#ht_3425wt_1051

which will trasnmit your ipod via a chosen radio frequency, you then just tune your radio to your ipod! My wife and best mate both use these without hassle.

Piggy :)

Ah, then I've wasted ten quid on that piece of kit then! Ah well, I think I might invest in the radio frequency one, that looks promising, as after extensive searching I cannot find the aux input port in my glove compartment anywhere, and some sites are suggesting it might not be on me model and costs quite a bit of money to have one fitted. Thanks very much for your help!

no problem...you can get those radio things that will hold your ipod aswell...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-TRANSMITTER-CAR-CHARGER-RADIO-IPHONE-4-4G-HD-3Gs-/220725833095?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKits&hash=item336448ed87#ht_3087wt_817

i got one like this for me wife...you can control the ipod through the remote...its awesome...back seat adjustment of the ipod! haha!

hi i had the problem of no aux socket in my glove box! mines a 57 focus. all i did was get this kit for £19 Aux lead kit and watch this video

it took me 10 mins to do and i am no technical wizard! the hardest bit was getting a 20mm round saw bit like this hole saw to put hole in glove box now got aux cable and iPhone plays through it fine no probs

• 1 year later...
Ah, then I've wasted ten quid on that piece of kit then! Ah well, I think I might invest in the radio frequency one, that looks promising, as after extensive searching I cannot find the aux input port in my glove compartment anywhere, and some sites are suggesting it might not be on me model and costs quite a bit of money to have one fitted. Thanks very much for your help!

Do not get a radio frequency one as the sound quality will not be the same and you will get interference if you have a phone and it rings it will affect it. so you would be better off to go and get the AUX installed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club