Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Prob Mk6 Fiesta

nick mcc

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble with my mk 6.5 fiesta 1.25 zetec I put a new battery in the remote fob a few days ago and it opened and unlocked the car no problem .went out to the car this morning to go to work and pressing the fob would not unlock the car I could open the boot with the key and get in via the boot (unable to open via the drivers side lock as it was given the delock look so may have to get a drill out to uncover the lock)I can start the car but trying the door handle it still won't open the doors ,just hoping someone got some ideas what I can do to at least to open the doors as it's not too good getting in and out via the boot

Regards

either the batterys are cheapies or were duff when bought...sounds like its lost its programming.

Try this...

Get in car and close ALL doors/bonnet/boot.

Switch ignition on 4 times within 10seconds.

Switch ignition off.

This activates programming mode for 10 seconds (you should hear an audible warning)

Press any button on your key. Another audible warning should sound.

To exit programming mode either wait 10 seconds or switch ignition on.

...that should work, thats the official programming method.

Let us know :)

i tried to reprogramme the fob but it did not seam to work car beeped first time but did not when key pressed on the fob (tried this seveal time) but the fob did not take but while leaving the ignition switched on suddenly the doors unlocked ,so at least i was able to swap the key lock cover back to the normal one .I have orded a new fob off onlinekeycutting.com they even have the instructions for reprograming the keys ,which is handy

so fingers crossed its just a duff fob

thanks

i got the new fob ,programmed it and its all working great ,so the old fob was dying/died so at least i know what to look out for next time (hopefully this wont happen again fingers crossed lol)

Could you post the Instructions thats on the leaflet.

I've a MK6 Fiesta Fineese 1.25 and cant find out how to get the car into progaming mode.

I've a new 3 button key i cant get working with the car.

Thanks Andy

Well I followed what it said in the owners manual

Turn the key from pos 0 to 2 (so dashboard lights light up) four time with in 6 seconds and when you turn it back to 0 from the fourth time the car should beep the just press any key on the fob and that's it programmed then wait 10 seconds for the car to exit programme mode and try the fob out

Or just follow this link as it's got the instructions for most ford fobs

http://www.onlinekeycutting.com/Ford-Key-Programming.html

Regards

• 2 years later...

Where is a guide to program my Key?

What do you want to programme the key to do??

Open the car remotely, or start the car??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club