Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil For 2008 Focus 1.8 Tdci

micksilver

I've just found out that my mechanic mate has been using 10/40 grade Magnetec oil when servicing my car rather than a 5w/30 grade. So for the last year i've had the wrong oil in my car, will this have damaged my engine?

I've just found out that my mechanic mate has been using 10/40 grade Magnetec oil when servicing my car rather than a 5w/30 grade. So for the last year i've had the wrong oil in my car, will this have damaged my engine?

the first number refers to the cold start temperature of the oil, the lower the number then the easier it is to turn over the engine at low temperatures but your not living in deepest norway so you would have been more than ok there. the second number refers to the ability of the oil to lubricate at temperature, the higher the number the thicker the oil so with a forty grade for normal everyday use you would be fine. chill you wont have damaged your car, just revert to the recommended oil at next oil and filter change.