Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen: A Nice Touch Ford - However . . .

Nightowl

. . . so I step out on a frosty morning & jump into my Fiesta Titanium ready for the off. Jack Frost has paid me a visit during the night and MAN my car's changed from Squeeze to Frozen White overnight!

Turn the key anyway & my windscreen heats up nicely in no time - melting the layer of thick frost. Same goes for the wing mirrors infact.

I only have to drive 50 yards though before I come to a busy junction with traffic coming from the left and right. I press the buttons on my door for the driver & front passenger windows to go down in order to see . . . but they are frozen solid and aint going anywhere for a few minutes at least. Damn.

Now don't get me wrong; I love the electric demist windscreen (and wing mirrors for that matter), but I've still got to spray de-icer on both front windows of my 3-door . . . or sit around for several minutes until the engine warms up enough to allow the frost to melt & the windows to go down . . . or scrape off the frost with a blinkin' plastic scraper at 5.30am!

All this got me thinking: modern technology is great. But sometimes - just sometimes - it's not THAT great!

:P

Are you complaining that the heated windscreen has made you too lazy to properly de-ice your car before setting off or that they haven't made heated side windows standard yet? :P

lol I park by a wall so my left windows never get frosted up. I use the time it takes the windscreen to clear to scrape my two side windows (rear also never frosts up for some reason). Both me and the windscreen finish at roughly the same time, so why not do the same? :P

My only grumble is that the heated windscreen elements don't go far enough to the edges or middle of the screen.

Amen to that Nath - Nightowl, clear your car properly before you drive anywhere!

I'll offer to personally come round to scrape your side windows for £3.75 + VAT per window, plus travelling expenses of course :rolleyes:

Eh? I ALWAY'S have a scraper in me car, I never use deicer, just whack the air con on full demist and go round the windows, I also scrape my lights with the rubber bit. It doesn't take me 5 mins max ever.

Only other option is to switch the front and rear demist on and set you air flow to the front face vents, then angle the side ones onto the side windows. Takes a bit longer then using a scraper though I think?

All cars are the same, they clear the side windows by blowing air onto them.

I'll offer to personally come round to scrape your side windows for £3.75 + VAT per window, plus travelling expenses of course :rolleyes:

Only if you're a gorgeous, leggy, extremely busty blonde Danish au pair . . .

:rolleyes:

Technology is great, you say the screen cleared in no time. There aren't elements in the side windows so you can't exactly knock technology when it's not at fault.

Besides, if you let your car warm up enough then you'd have had semi warm air from the blowers to in freeze those windows.

Pointless thread imo ;)

Technology is great, you say the screen cleared in no time. There aren't elements in the side windows so you can't exactly knock technology when it's not at fault.

Besides, if you let your car warm up enough then you'd have had semi warm air from the blowers to in freeze those windows.

Pointless thread imo ;)

Pointless reply morelike . . .

Pointless reply morelike . . .

Constructive reply there.

Gold star for you sexy. xx

I cant believe you actually posted this thread. :wacko:

Also, while on the subject, its crazy, they make a sophisticated car, and expect YOU to drive it!! Madness, why doesn't it drive itself?

The previous 2 replies above are proof that the education policy under Labour failed us miserably lol.

:D

actually the tories were in power for the majority of time i was in education.

care for another constructive addition to this gloriously useful thread?

Dont comment if you don't like it then. :rolleyes:

why not, i'm merely pointing out the obvious.

by your reasoning I could say the same to nightowl... "don't like it, don't start a thread... don't buy a ford even.. how about don't buy even buy a car, cos as far as i'm aware, nothing in the fiesta pricing bracket will de-ice your side windows for you" - in fact there probably is no such feature on any car.

there was a dig at the technology implemented in a mordern Ford. a dig that was unfounded ('technology isn't THAT great') when you actually take into consideration the fact that 'quickclear' is unique to Ford so mr owl should be considering himself lucky.the poverty spec models don't even get it...

I rate the quickclear really highly - mainly as a demisting tool I have to say. The 'max demist' function on the Titanium's AAC is absolutely brilliant - and that utilises the Quickclear.

It's not designed to single handedly make the car ready to go in freezing conditions - if it were then all the windows would have elements in them, but it sure does make the process much faster.

On a side note - this thread is like a school playground, the personal jibes aren't even remotely funny and this has the potential to spiral into some petty cat fight - so sort it out folks.

Correct about the quick clear being a ford thing.Had 4 fiesta's with it now and I think I would be lost without it.You take things for granted.

It is actually pointless ive found out..I have to piull from my driveway on a quick road so have to use teh de icer etc anyways, but no point as i cant see out teh side windows.

ALSO...even when it is used, you put the wipers on..and the blades are forzen anyways, so doesnt saftly or properly clean the windscreen.

Then of course we stil have the biggest danger which is freezing windwasher nozzels, and dirty roads.

Only if you're a gorgeous, leggy, extremely busty blonde Danish au pair . . .

:rolleyes:

Of course I am...apart from the gorgeous, leggy & busty bit...Oh and I'm not Danish...or an au pair...but you can call me Birgitte :P

It is actually pointless ive found out..I have to piull from my driveway on a quick road so have to use teh de icer etc anyways, but no point as i cant see out teh side windows.

ALSO...even when it is used, you put the wipers on..and the blades are forzen anyways, so doesnt saftly or properly clean the windscreen.

Then of course we stil have the biggest danger which is freezing windwasher nozzels, and dirty roads.

At last Strutter - someone else who understands exactly what I was saying!

I'm not sure what mikester's problem is, the plum. Calling it 'poverty spec' is a bit of a slap in the face to those with lower spec models too!

"when you actually take into consideration the fact that 'quickclear' is unique to Ford so mr owl should be considering himself lucky".[unquote]. Hmmm - not really "lucky" mikester. I chose a Fiesta Titanium because it was highly-specced and the choice was mine alone. Nothing to do with luck.

I see your car was built on the 18 Dec 09 Nightowl.Mine was built three days before yours.