Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space Saver Or Steel?

JamieD

Hi All, just bought an 09 plate Fiesta and want to put a spare in the boot rather than trust that foam stuff. Seems that with all my looking around, I can only get a spacesaver for this model from Ford and have been told that it will cost £200 plus VAT! It's around £100 for a 08 model Steel with jack and brace. Just wondering if anyone could let me know if this would fit on my 09 model and if it fits in the wheel well?

Yeah when I part-exed my 2006 Fiesta I took the spare out of it and put it in this one. Fits fine.

I have a 2009 1.25 Style and I went for the full 15 inch steel rim which fits nicely in the boot. Not cheap when you add the jack, brace and a new 195/50 R15 tyre. Much happier with that than foam.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted alloys and put one of the steel rims in the wheel well. Fitted perfectly, can't here it bouncing about or squeaking when driving and feel so much better now having a spare in the boot rather than a little tin of expanding foam. Ta

Just fitted alloys and put one of the steel rims in the wheel well. Fitted perfectly, can't here it bouncing about or squeaking when driving and feel so much better now having a spare in the boot rather than a little tin of expanding foam. Ta

This link is a bolt to secure the wheel in the boot:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-2008-Onwards-Spare-Wheel-Bolt-Cap-/230548639846?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35adc51066

This second link is a bolt to stop the jack bouncing about under the wheel:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-02-07-Jack-Secure-Screw-/230485605722?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35aa033d5a

I ordered both of these and I'm glad to say both the jack and spare wheel are secure in the boot. The 2nd link relates to a Mark 6 fiesta bolt but it fits my Mk 7

What size of wheel are you securing with this bolt, I got the 15 inch steel rim with a 195/50 15 tyre and the one I got doesn't fit into the raised threaded thing on the boot floor, are there different size one's or would one from a Focus do the job.

When I ordered my Mk 7 Fiesta a steel spare instead of the repair kit with compressor was a 'no-cost option (don't think it is now). I'm kicking myself now for staying with the standard repair kit. I would really like to get a steel spare, if not I might buy an aerosol repair kit as it would be much easier than messing about with the compressor. Where's the best place to go for a new steel spare and tyre ? Not a Ford dealer obviously.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club