Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tddi

scrapper252

Good afternoon all

I have a 2000x reg focus tddi, the alternater light comes on after the car has been running for about a minute and the car has a slight loss of power, i have had the alternator checked and its fine, i even fitted a new alternator and it did the same! it seems to be charging ok and everythin else works fine.

The problem has only occured since i fitted a new fuel pump and had the pump coded in (altho the car was stood for 2 months whilst i sorted the fuel pump, lazy i know)

hopefully having the car code read on monday so will update with codes then but any help would be very much appreciated :rolleyes:

Could be a battery issue, sometimes old batteries dont work very well with new alternators, as the new effective working alternator, tries to overcharge the battery, and the acid cant hold it. Likely as not you will need a new battery. Wouldnt surprise me if during the battery light, you see an error in the DTC's for "Low Battery Voltage"

Could be a battery issue, sometimes old batteries dont work very well with new alternators, as the new effective working alternator, tries to overcharge the battery, and the acid cant hold it. Likely as not you will need a new battery. Wouldnt surprise me if during the battery light, you see an error in the DTC's for "Low Battery Voltage"

yeah knackered batteries or incorrect ie not silver calcium or double calcium can throw the light on to let you know its a fault if its a faulty cell or incorrect battery there wont be a dtc have a free battery check done

Hi, thanks for the responce guys, not been able to code read today but the battery has been fully charged/tested and it seemed to be ok, thinkin a wiring issue might be the cause does anyone know if coding the pump in could cause this promblem?

thanks in advance

hi, i have had the car diagnosed today and it came up with the following codes

P0167 - UNKNOWN FAULT?

P1246 - Alternator load signal malfunction

P1632 - Generator Malfunction

If i didnt know better i would say the alternator but this has been changed, any help would be very greatful

P0167 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 3)

(please see http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18637&pid=112784&st=0entry112784 for codes)

but this can probably be caused by the other fault you are describing.

Sometimes the DTC Codes are not cleared properly, it could be the fault has re-appeared (potential faulty replacement fitted?) or it could just be that was there before hand... However the sensor matrix could be the second fault on top of the previous...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club