Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Diesel Clutch Slip / Increased Revs

Fatbloke

Hi All,

First time post. I am looking for some help please in regard a problem with my Mondeo. it's a 2009 2.0 TDCI Titanium with 30k miles.

When I floor the throttle at around 2000-3000 rpm, usually in 3-6th gears, (mostly 4th and 5th and usually from about 2ooorpm), the rev's suddenly rise much quicker than you'd expect by about 500rpm, before dropping back and then increasing again. On partial acceleration and from standstill it's absolutely fine.

It's almost like the clutch is slipping but given that the revs drop again without lifting the throttle, I am thinking it might not be the clutch. I had it serviced at a main dealer last week and asked them to look at it, but they say the clutch is fine.

I'd read elsewhere about leaking hoses etc., and will do that at the weekend, but in the meantime I'd welcome any ideas any of you might have on possible causes?

Thanks.

Andy

the only way the engine revs can increase without the relivent road speed being added is through clutch slip,it might be the early signs of getting the clutch replaced,if you do check the DMF at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an automatic 2.0L and it does the same when in the auto mode. No problem in Sport mode. See my post in General Discussion.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club