Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben... - Panther Black Mk7 Zetec S Tdci

Ben...

nice mate cant wait to see those seats.

could you tell use were you did them and how much if you get it done lol.

• 4 weeks later...

finished.png?1316013755

Project Complete

Had planned to get a remap but don't really fancy spending the money now

And if Zetec S leathers with red stitching pop up then I may still purchase those

But that's it now, pretty much done everything I had in mind, is a pleasure to be in and look at

Plan to get a new car early next year

BMW 123d Coupe M Sport

Sapphire Black

Auto

Black Boston Leather

Aluminium Trim

Sat Nav (iDrive)

Xenons

Facelift Lights

Cruise Control

thats a shame mate well done for doing everthing has been a privaleg looking on this thread.

Well done Ben. Thanks for all your help that you personally and your thread have provided for me ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You use the same 2 plugs already there

But then you need one of these Spade Connectors and a length of 5 amp wire to connect the red leds to the side lights

Hi Ben, I've got myself the light, the wiring, the spade connector and a cable lock so I'm ready to install to my mk7 but would like a wee bit more info.

How long did it take to get the wire down/up to the side lights and how hard was it to get the a trim off and the light console out to plug it in at the back.

I'm currently reading over your bit and this one... http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=290478&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1 , looks simple but knowing me I'll have a go and break something or it'll take a whole day!!!

It taken about 10/15 mins to do

Take out the existing light by pushing the tab on the forward side of the light

Put your arm up behind the lower trim (from by the pedals) and reach to the back of the light switch, it has a massive catch on the top and bottom that you need to squeeze and push out the switch

Crimp the spade connector on the length of wire

Push the wire to where the interior light goes from the front of the roof lining by the windscreen

Then make sure you have enough to be able to remove the light in the future

Run the wire across the top of the roof lining by pushing it in

Then remove the rubber door seal on the upright at the front of the car

Run the wire behind the A pillar on the side closest to the car door then tuck it through the gap to behind the light switch

Use a multimeter to find out which wire is for the side lights

Then connect how you wish

Hi Ben , we have never spoke before but i just want to say i have never seen anyone before on a forum that has put so much effort and time into their car as much as you have , i have not had the time to read all 26 pages ( i think i need glasses lol ) what impressed me was the rear defusor , i think that looks the nuts , however i wonder what the side skirts would look like in the same colour ? I have seen expensive range rovers with different colour bonnets to the rest of the car and looks quite striking. As other forum members have said and quoted good and bad feedback you will recieve , but I am glad to see this has not detered you from carrying on with future mods , you keep going sunshine and if i were you and not already i would open up my own business doing what you love and getting paid for it. Now my eyes have rested i will carry on flicking through this topic , chin up son you done very well indeed

PS can you not buy an armrest with a type that lifts up behind to stand vertical , hence not in the way of handbrake at all ?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some spare time and dry weather so managed to fit the st light :) shame about the scratches up my arm trying to pop the light switch out but GREAT SUCCESS! Can't wait for it to get dark to see it properly. Cheers Ben

Hi Ben , we have never spoke before but i just want to say i have never seen anyone before on a forum that has put so much effort and time into their car as much as you have , i have not had the time to read all 26 pages ( i think i need glasses lol ) what impressed me was the rear defusor , i think that looks the nuts , however i wonder what the side skirts would look like in the same colour ? I have seen expensive range rovers with different colour bonnets to the rest of the car and looks quite striking. As other forum members have said and quoted good and bad feedback you will recieve , but I am glad to see this has not detered you from carrying on with future mods , you keep going sunshine and if i were you and not already i would open up my own business doing what you love and getting paid for it. Now my eyes have rested i will carry on flicking through this topic , chin up son you done very well indeed

PS can you not buy an armrest with a type that lifts up behind to stand vertical , hence not in the way of handbrake at all ?

Armster lifts vertically out of the way.

• 2 months later...

hi there, were did u get the alluminium pedal covers and fiesta fitted mats from? thanks frankie

hi there, were did u get the alluminium pedal covers and fiesta fitted mats from? thanks frankie

Try eBay mate :)

• 5 months later...

Do you still come on here Ben/still got your car? Would love to buy some bits when you go for the Beemer. This is also a bump for some new members to get inspiration! :)

Can't see part numbers for catch for secret compartment.can you write them down jn post .

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind words. The car is pretty much done to exactly how I wanted about 18 months ago so not much is being done. One thing I would of liked to do was put the black leathers in with the red stitching. I had an opportunity for some a couple of years ago at a good price which I now regret not buying.

Do you still come on here Ben/still got your car? Would love to buy some bits when you go for the Beemer. This is also a bump for some new members to get inspiration! :)

Rarely mate. Still got it though. Will post up when it's going on sale. Won't be for a while yet though.

Can't see part numbers for catch for secret compartment.can you write them down jn post .

Don't know the part number because the better one I got was from eBay. I believe it was elites as 'wood strike and catch'

Car got keyed sad.gif

I would guess it was through jealousy as I don't think I have !Removed! anyone off that much

£250 respray for the whole side

Which I thought was quite reasonable

5690986e.jpg

186a5ef9.jpg

So I decided to make the most of the respray with a bit of cheeky colour coding

Panther black interior trim

cbbee104.jpg5b08d9d5.jpg069645f2.jpgab578074.jpg61b43d08.jpg99d80577.jpg48e81f82.jpga9011535.jpg

I am only a newbie so apologise if the question seems a bit dim but what sort of paint spray would you use for this? I am most likely going to be buying a black zetec S myself in the next couple of weeks and that interior looks miles better than the original silver!

Your car looks awesome btw

Your car, your idea's, it's you it's meant to please, so don't take this as an insult as it is not meant to be. I f***ing love what you've done to the car in the most part. Unlike most of the responses, I actually think that what you've done to the interior roofing looks amazing.

This is the only thing I would have done different if I had your car, I would have left the rims the previous colour you had them at (gun metal grey), the rims looks sweet anyway but since I seen that first picture you put up of the rims, I haven't stopped looking into getting my done in the future.

Going to view a Panther Black Zetec S on Saturday and I hope to good god I get it.

Any tips on how to change the interior colour on the dashboard? What sprays? (I've seen your post on how to remove them)

Also, with the overlays on the badges, I have a feeling I am going to end up heating them on wrong and them coming off, either that or I can say without a doubt that I will place them wrong and it will look stupid haha

• 6 months later...

Your car looks really good. I wouldn't be bothered by what anyone else says regarding your mods.

A couple of questions, do you have a link for a push release catch for the "secret" compartment, Do you need any special kits for the replacement front bulbs or do they just fit into the original bulb holders, Where is the cheapest place to buy the armrest from and How much did it cost for the interior parts to be resprayed?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Absolutely stunning looking car mate ! Flocking definitely suits better than the velvet. Is there any way to hook up a cable plugged into car USB port in there ? Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Ben,

Having difficulty with this one, how did you get the upper grill off of the front bumper for spraying, the lower clips are a nightmare!

• 1 year later...
On 22/02/2011 at 9:32 PM, Ben... said:

Purchased some Black/Red DMB gel overlays

a5cbd33c.jpg

de35426f.jpg

df8b593c.jpg

2c923a04.jpg

b102de97.jpg

Looks good mate was just wondering whether you removed the badges before you put the overlays on, seen people saying they have and some saying they haven't? If you did what did you use to remove the badges and to stick them back on and how easy were the overlays to fit?

• 2 months later...

Looking very nice Ben, good work. lots of time and effort pays off.

• 1 year later...

This looks incredible. Good job, certainly some inspiration here, however I might wait for when I have an ST rather than my lowly Zetec. Thank you for this thread.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club