Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben... - Panther Black Mk7 Zetec S Tdci

Ben...

Oh and the only thing I've done to the outside is powder coat wheels. And paint grills, fog rings and diffuser to match.

Am buying the front aeroblade and colourcoding that with the grills.

May lower in the future also.

how much for one mate

Can I just say - that this is a very, very bad idea.

Buying essentially a prototype product on an internet forum is asking for trouble. In fact, it's illegal to sell any kind of consumer product without product liability insurance.

Obviously, items made by friends and sold among friends at meets are entirely different - but using FOC to do it is potentially opening a litigation nightmare and I'm going to mention it to Steve.

Apologies for sounding like a stick in the mud - I'm not trying to be, but things like this can get out of hand - a recent thread on detailing world for a homemade sun torch is a good example...

Ben, you have the nicest Fiesta I've ever seen :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ben,

How did you go about hard wiring the 12V power to come out of the secret compartment? is it difficult?

Ive just ran my aux lead behind the plastics like you but a bit stuck for the charger.

Ive ordered a brodit and a iPhone holder so will be the same position as yours.

Also throwing this out to everyone anybody have issues with static sound using the aux input? WHen i have my ipod plugged in i can hear static/fuzzing,

really annoys me, had it ever since i had the car and stealer doesnt know whats up with it.

I get alternator whine when theres nothing plugged into it aswell (lead is in but no ipod on other end) not sure if its somehow related.

Cheers,

Ash

Ben,

How did you go about hard wiring the 12V power to come out of the secret compartment? is it difficult?

Ive just ran my aux lead behind the plastics like you but a bit stuck for the charger.

Ive ordered a brodit and a iphone holder so will be the same position as yours.

Also throwing this out to everyone anybody have issues with static sound using the aux input? WHen i have my ipod plugged in i can hear static/fuzzing,

really annoys me, had it ever since i had the car and stealer doesnt know whats up with it.

I get alternator whine when theres nothing plugged into it aswell (lead is in but no ipod on other end) not sure if its somehow related.

Cheers,

Ash

Currently I have disassembled a £1.99 iPod/iPhone charger off eBay.

I took the charger apart

Removed the stereo

Drilled a small hole down in the compartment (through a recess so the hold can't be seen at all once the stereo is back in, you'll know what I mean when you take stereo out)

Fed the wire up through the hole

Connected the charger back up and soldered bits on which I connected to the wires for the 12v socket

New plan (all parts on their way to me)

I've ordered another 12v socket

A belkin 12v USB socket adaptor

A USB & aux to iPhone connector

I am going to tap in to the 12v socket wires for the second power socket

Mount this socket hidden near the back of the aux connection

Use a splitter on the current hidden aux and connect one end to the iPod cable and the other end to the new centre console aux socket

What I've bought (not these exact ones)

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=140529316021&emvAD=320x356&sv=Aux%20USB%20ipod%20cable&emvcc=0

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=330560033563&emvAD=320x356&sv=Belkin%20usb%2012v&emvcc=0

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=260621467260&emvAD=320x356&sv=12v%20socket&emvcc=0

It makes sense to me, hope it does to you lol. I'll take pics along the way. Will be doing it end of this week or start of next

Just seen this pop up on another forum...

Simply Ford ~ Mk7 ford fiesta

Looking nice mate :D

Jack

Haha nice find!

Cheers mate :D

Seeing as though my soldering skills suck, i did look at adding an additional cig lighter Last week but i decided against and I ordered pretty much the same parts as your (Headphone+usb split into apple Dock Connector and Mini usb charger) and brought the brodit kit, then running wiresdown behind the dash plastics and neatly out to the aux and cigarette lighter, nicely tidied away and hidden, will post pics when its done.

aa5dd53f.jpg

Hi Ben,

After looking at your pics again I started looking at some cheap private plates in the (A1 ABC) format you have, as my 60 plate is now not the latest thing :( lol.

Prefix style I think its called(?)

As this would be 2 digits/letters shorter than my current plate I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be legal to trim each end of the plate off?

Have you ever thought about using shorter plates?

Hi Ben,

After looking at your pics again I started looking at some cheap private plates in the (A1 ABC) format you have, as my 60 plate is now not the latest thing :( lol.

Prefix style I think its called(?)

As this would be 2 digits/letters shorter than my current plate I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be legal to trim each end of the plate off?

Have you ever thought about using shorter plates?

I haven't actually looked at that..

I am not sure about legalities, but I think it looks quite good with the standard plate especially seeings that both plate recesses are for a standard plate size

Seeing as though my soldering skills suck, i did look at adding an additional cig lighter Last week but i decided against and I ordered pretty much the same parts as your (Headphone+usb split into apple Dock Connector and Mini usb charger) and brought the brodit kit, then running wiresdown behind the dash plastics and neatly out to the aux and cigarette lighter, nicely tidied away and hidden, will post pics when its done.

Nice.. Ive got it all in just haven't hidden it away yet

Should be doing that tomorrow afternoon as well as moving my start button to where the keyless entry ones are

dont know if its been asked but where did you get the tax disc holder from looks ace ?

want one for mines :)

Designed it and asked DMB to make it. Theyve got it saved. Someone else on here used it but changed it to White

Designed it and asked DMB to make it. Theyve got it saved. Someone else on here used it but changed it to White

how much mate ??

That'd be me, lol

205194_10150260256618438_513878437_9177461_7772432_n.jpg

It's £6.50 inc postage.

only £6.50 !!!!!!!! is it a magnet one or just like a normal disc holder ??

any links as i might buy one and fit it when i get the car :)

only £6.50 !!!!!!!! is it a magnet one or just like a normal disc holder ??

any links as i might buy one and fit it when i get the car :)

It's basically a big sticker so to turn it in to a tax disc holder buy this from Halfords for £2.99 to stick it to :)

Email Dave - sales@dmb.uk.com stating what you want or just "what Ben & Nath had!"

I have to ask were did you get your front grill, rear defuser and fog light sourounds from because it looks awsome?

Ben...

There are 2 wires from the cig lighter (white blue and brown from memory)

which is which?

im looking for the earth so i can check mine is all earthed correctly to the car.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

I have to ask were did you get your front grill, rear defuser and fog light sourounds from because it looks awsome?

Hi Rob

They're the standard parts that came on the car.

I sprayed them myself and just colour matched the paint to the powder coated alloys

Hi Rob

They're the standard parts that came on the car.

I sprayed them myself and just colour matched the paint to the powder coated alloys

Ben, you have 17 inch rims right? What is the ET of the rims?

Ben...

There are 2 wires from the cig lighter (white blue and brown from memory)

which is which?

im looking for the earth so i can check mine is all earthed correctly to the car.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi Ash

The thick brown wire is a constant live (even when engine off and car locked)

And yes the other blue/black wire is the earth

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club