Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2012 Price

focusian

if im honest i wouldnt and wont buy one ill be going to either mazda toyota hyundai or kia far more equipment better priced more reliable and better quality control

Im going to the dark side when I can afford it and looking at the kia ceed! I enrolled in the forums there and asked about what was bad about it, when I looked through the last year of posts, there was only 7 or 8 minor problems that came up once for the cee'd, look at how many appear on the focus forums in that same time frame!

Cant argue with a 7 year - 100,000 mile warranty!

I can understand why you would look at other places for price but the Focus has more tech available to it than a BMW 7 series and the extras are amazing. For only 750 the drivers assistance pack gives you what you would need to spend over 3k on a BMW. So when you say the equipment is better look deeper into it and also drive the new one its head and shoulders above its rivals.

Mazda is the out going focus

KIA is the same as Hyundai whilst good cars and very good value you can tell the quality is lacking on the dash etc but still nice cars. Even the KIA dealership next door admit the out going focus drives better than a Ceed.

Toyota are not where they used to be years ago with there loyal customers and that's for a reason.

I can understand why you would look at other places for price but the Focus has more tech available to it than a BMW 7 series and the extras are amazing. For only 750 the drivers assistance pack gives you what you would need to spend over 3k on a BMW. So when you say the equipment is better look deeper into it and also drive the new one its head and shoulders above its rivals.

Mazda is the out going focus

KIA is the same as Hyundai whilst good cars and very good value you can tell the quality is lacking on the dash etc but still nice cars. Even the KIA dealership next door admit the out going focus drives better than a Ceed.

Toyota are not where they used to be years ago with there loyal customers and that's for a reason.

all valid points but look at it this way the most reliable focus to date was the mk1 i have one and ive had no issues the mk2 has so many silly faults that shouldnt exist and build quality issues guy down the road has one and its never out the garage, the new focus will be no different and we all deep down know thats true? its over priced and to compare the ford to a bmw isnt really fair ford has not and will never appeal to those more expensive car buyers ford has shocking customer service and dealers on the whole do a quick sometimes shoddy job while charging punters for never ending diagnostiucs we dont need.

the fact is the more kit on a ford the bigger the bills are going to be plain and simple i got one without abs and aircon for a very good reason seeing lots of them come in with faults needing costly repairswait a year and see how many posts we have forthe new focus will ford offer a 7 year warranty like kia will they offer a 5 year warranty with mot warranty like cheverolet they wont the reasons simple they arent confident in the quality of there cars look through the different forums on here its all there. so yes the ceed doesnt handle as well personally i dont care they are super reliable hold there value and from experience theyre customer service and dealers will go out of there way to help and they really know there stuff and toyota have pledged to focus back on quality rather than quantity next door has a corolla with 300k on the clock on a petrol and the same engine bullet proof cars.

dont get me wrong but ford have a long way to go before iull spend that kind of cash on any ford galvanised bodies that rust after 4 years engine faults even seams that need resealed due to water pouring in youre car when it rains looking at other cars the ford for me isnt worth it and it looks like a ceed anyway lol but each to there own theres no doubt a list for them already who knows ford may actually make me a believer so far all there latest cars have issues that should have been solved years ago.

compared to the other manufacturers like vauxhall unlimited warranty up to 100k kia 7 years 100k warranty cheverolet 5 year unlimited moit warranty pugeot now has a new warranty and hyundais 5 year if the new foci comes with ford standard 3 years then to me it says it all

all valid points but look at it this way the most reliable focus to date was the mk1 i have one and ive had no issues the mk2 has so many silly faults that shouldnt exist and build quality issues guy down the road has one and its never out the garage, the new focus will be no different and we all deep down know thats true? its over priced and to compare the ford to a bmw isnt really fair ford has not and will never appeal to those more expensive car buyers ford has shocking customer service and dealers on the whole do a quick sometimes shoddy job while charging punters for never ending diagnostiucs we dont need.

the fact is the more kit on a ford the bigger the bills are going to be plain and simple i got one without abs and aircon for a very good reason seeing lots of them come in with faults needing costly repairswait a year and see how many posts we have forthe new focus will ford offer a 7 year warranty like kia will they offer a 5 year warranty with mot warranty like cheverolet they wont the reasons simple they arent confident in the quality of there cars look through the different forums on here its all there. so yes the ceed doesnt handle as well personally i dont care they are super reliable hold there value and from experience theyre customer service and dealers will go out of there way to help and they really know there stuff and toyota have pledged to focus back on quality rather than quantity next door has a corolla with 300k on the clock on a petrol and the same engine bullet proof cars.

dont get me wrong but ford have a long way to go before iull spend that kind of cash on any ford galvanised bodies that rust after 4 years engine faults even seams that need resealed due to water pouring in youre car when it rains looking at other cars the ford for me isnt worth it and it looks like a ceed anyway lol but each to there own theres no doubt a list for them already who knows ford may actually make me a believer so far all there latest cars have issues that should have been solved years ago.

compared to the other manufacturers like vauxhall unlimited warranty up to 100k kia 7 years 100k warranty cheverolet 5 year unlimited moit warranty pugeot now has a new warranty and hyundais 5 year if the new foci comes with ford standard 3 years then to me it says it all

I couldnt have put it better myself! OK so the kia's may be a little "plasticy" on the inside, but then again, so too is the focus, and to get more kit for less price...

Put it this way, I bought my focus - 1.6 TDCI 109ps 2005 reg in Feb 2009 - 38000 on the clock - £7995, I got Air Con, ABS, mounted stereo controls, heated windscreens, trip computer and the usual PAS.

You can buy a kia ceed, less than 12 months old, 10,000 miles, with all the above (bar the heated windscreen, and only one of the ceed's comes with rear parking sensors as standard), but you get the remaining 6 of 7 years warranty, with blacked out rear windscreen, 6 speed gearbox and more (I wont reel off the brochure!) for £8995...

That is what is swaying it for me...

Plus the fact the focus is more common than a 1p piece nowadays, the ceed may be less common but for what you get, for the price you pay - cant say fairer than that!

As I say the ceed is a good car and best out of the bunch you listed. About the warranty the Vauxhall one is not worth the time or effort just read into it. The rest the KIA are real warrantys the. Ford can give larger warrantys but choose not to the reason why is a bit selfish to ford really and its to do with change cycle. Once your car is 3 years old it needs an mot and is out of warranty so its easier to have people looking to change.

Also please dont judge the new focus until you have driven it. Just. Drive it first then you can compare it really to the other cars

Also please dont judge the new focus until you have driven it. Just. Drive it first then you can compare it really to the other cars

youre missing the point i dont want to drive it i dont want one the rear suspension is the same as the mk1 just lighter and we all know that its a costly piece of kit when needing repaired my point is and its not against anyone but ford do not have the quality control they can build whatever they want but if its going to roll out the factory with the quality issues of the rest of fords new range then its just the same rubbish with a fancy wrapper on it its a quality issue i love fords but the quality is crap the posts on the forums say it all if ford built cars the same way honda did with the same quality control ide have the new one in a heart beat but they dont hence we get leaks soaking carpets bits falling off wires not where they should be locks not working faulty clutches gearboxes doors not aligned correctly over heating issues belts snapping exhausts needing replaced brakes not working right abs modules failing after only 2 years and then if you have warranty you have to argue blue in the face to get ford to fix it and not just do temp fixes till the warranty runs out then whack you with a big bill for it ford can test the new focus on the moon it means nothing its how its built that matters and ford have never really cared about that for years others are focusing on build quality and reliability if you believe ford dont give longer warranties for the reason you stated then thats up to you all us long term ford owners and forum members know the real reason.............ford know they dont have the build quality and long term reliabilty it would cost them a fortune plain and simple the fact they would have to replace these gearboxes that failed after 4 years new interiors when the cabin leaks due to poor seam sealing or plastic accelerator pedals snapping off having to be replaced free of charge dash clusters that seem to be failing on mk2 cars now im sorry my old man is a ford nut and has owned cars we can only wish such as the legendary lotus cortina and he wont touch one now in his exact words and hes an ex mechanic the rust like old sardine tins oin a beach even though they are apparently galvanised and start to fall apartafter only a few years and some of us like to keep our cars longer and expect them to last longer than 3 years before they start to empty our wallets on repairs i know ive given the service estimates to people and told them its not worth it

Now they are in the showrooms, I'm going to take a look, just for curiosity........

I'd like to make a couple of points,

You can forget your $ price list.....UK prices are now available, and as always, $'s mysteriously turn to £'s.

So much for this being a global car ! Where's MyTouch, the only thing that would temp me to part with my 59 plate Focus Zetec S.

I'm afraid it's conspicuous by it's absence ! The American's have it, why can't I. Am I somehow less deserving....don't think so.

So there you have it. Were going to be getting a global car that isn't, and for the privilege we going to be paying nearly 40% more than the US for outdated technology.

No wonder, some Ford owners are starting to look around......

As a mechanic once asked me "What does FORD stand for?" - "Found On Roadside Dead" - So so true! thats why warranties arent great...

Dont get me wrong, like artscot, I love Ford, as a car they are excellent, as a service they are not.

I agree that a book shouldnt be judged by its cover, but would you read the same book if you owned it already, just because it has a new bind? If you have seen it all before, and you have felt the pain in the wallet by it, it can really put you off, like myself and artscot, this is the case. No doubt others on the forum will hope that the new focus will have fixed all the problems of the MK2, but most of us will know that actually - they potentially will be repeated, or new ones added.

Dont get me wrong im not slagging the new foco off, but as far as I am concerned, previous experienced dont just get forgotten when you roll up on the forecourt...

I currently drive a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI. Bear in mind this car is brand new from the factory and its already been back in for numerous faults as well as them not been able to get my bumpers anywhere near the same colour as the car. I'm rather annoyed with it so am going to change my car

I heard about the new Focus from a collegue, so i went down and had a test drive, and ive never been a huge ford fan... Until now. I was never keen on the Mk1 or Mk2 Focus, but this one just ticks all the right boxes for me. Its as comfortable as my insignia, drives as well. Holds the road better and is as relaxing to drive! The styling is marmite, love it or hate it, and i love it. Give me it over the interior on a Seat, VW, Skoda, Mazda etc right now. You spend the time on the inside of the car, and thats what has to appeal.

Before the Insignia i had an 07 Mercedes C220 CDI and that was a magnificent machine, just extremely pricey on tyres and servicing. Again had niggly faults just like any other car you can buy now, so i think its down to the amount of technology in a car that lets them all down.

Please do test drive the new focus before making up your mind. I find it a very pleasant car to be in!

I went down to ringways tonight where adzmcp works and the new focus is gorgeous, so much better build than the old one and definately better built than the fiesta, i didnt want to get back in my fiesta after i left :(, hope I win the competition to drive it for a week :)

I went down to ringways tonight where adzmcp works and the new focus is gorgeous, so much better build than the old one and definately better built than the fiesta, i didnt want to get back in my fiesta after i left :(, hope I win the competition to drive it for a week :)

i dont think anyones reading properly i dont doubt it has better quality interior and it will drive great but what i said is build quality if its like any other ford including the new models out it will have the same issues as all the rest and probably more to boot the issue is quality which ford have been lkacking for a while as we know who can sell cars that leak water in every orifice due to poor quality on the production line ford no offence but vauxhalls have always been crap they handle like shopping trolleys working for a garage as i used to ive driven loads of cars to and from there collection points and ive never found vauxhalls to be very good and as you say have quality issues as well so i state if the new ford is released and the quality has vastly improved then im sold too they want to compete with vw audi and bmw then show us the reliabvilty and quality to boot thats all im saying it will look good its a copy almost of a kia ceed and it will drive great as its still the same suspension as the mk1 with a few tweeks but i want to see it be better built a car can be all the new ford is but if the build quality is the same as now dash faults smart charge alternators clutches etc then whats the point if it only looks good in the ford garage as its being repaired.

ford has put a lot of technology in the new focus some even bmw doesnt use why because they havent designed a reliable version they are happy with and they have been doing it longer than ford from experience working in garages if a ford has abs theres always problems if it has aircon it has problems such as the galaxy with failing compressors after the 3 yr warranty and 1000 pound bills to fix it sat nav and bluetooth issues on some new models as well as the dash cluster fault appearing on the newere focus why would the new one be any different ford raid the parts bin to build cars always have always will we will see i hope its a great well built trouble free car i honestly do then ill be in the showroom for one i want the proof as mnay ford owers will remember fords quality is so poor they have been to court in the states many many times

i dont think anyones reading properly i dont doubt it has better quality interior and it will drive great but what i said is build quality if its like any other ford including the new models out it will have the same issues as all the rest and probably more to boot the issue is quality which ford have been lkacking for a while as we know who can sell cars that leak water in every orifice due to poor quality on the production line ford no offence but vauxhalls have always been crap they handle like shopping trolleys working for a garage as i used to ive driven loads of cars to and from there collection points and ive never found vauxhalls to be very good and as you say have quality issues as well so i state if the new ford is released and the quality has vastly improved then im sold too they want to compete with vw audi and bmw then show us the reliabvilty and quality to boot thats all im saying it will look good its a copy almost of a kia ceed and it will drive great as its still the same suspension as the mk1 with a few tweeks but i want to see it be better built a car can be all the new ford is but if the build quality is the same as now dash faults smart charge alternators clutches etc then whats the point if it only looks good in the ford garage as its being repaired.

ford has put a lot of technology in the new focus some even bmw doesnt use why because they havent designed a reliable version they are happy with and they have been doing it longer than ford from experience working in garages if a ford has abs theres always problems if it has aircon it has problems such as the galaxy with failing compressors after the 3 yr warranty and 1000 pound bills to fix it sat nav and bluetooth issues on some new models as well as the dash cluster fault appearing on the newere focus why would the new one be any different ford raid the parts bin to build cars always have always will we will see i hope its a great well built trouble free car i honestly do then ill be in the showroom for one i want the proof as mnay ford owers will remember fords quality is so poor they have been to court in the states many many times

Hey, just to let you know I wasn't writing to what you said, I was just giving a general opinion :)

MyFord will be available in early 2012

I know......

That was the point I was making. If this is a global car......why do I have to wait another 12months for something the US has now.

I was looking forward to changing my 59 plate Focus 12 months after I bought it, not 24 months.

I don't want a car that's been "dumbed down" for the UK Market, I want the global car that Ford was shouting about before it's launch, and this isn't it.

I know......

That was the point I was making. If this is a global car......why do I have to wait another 12months for something the US has now.

I was looking forward to changing my 59 plate Focus 12 months after I bought it, not 24 months.

I don't want a car that's been "dumbed down" for the UK Market, I want the global car that Ford was shouting about before it's launch, and this isn't it.

i get what youre saying i was looking at the specs etc i think ford mean by global car is the same engines and all parts interchangeable across the world not the actual spec but i still see the point

Well mine is due in approx 4 weeks. So once i get it i will keep you all up to date with any issues i experience with it...

i get what you're saying i was looking at the specs etc i think ford mean by global car is the same engines and all parts interchangeable across the world not the actual spec but i still see the point

Well it should at least be an option then.....

I dropped into my local Ford Dealer yesterday, because I had been told they had a new focus in their showroom. They had a silver Zetec in there, which my better half liked more than my Zetec S ( Huh ! )

She liked the rear light clusters, and she said the front reminded her of an Alpha Romeo ( heaven forbid ! ) But I must admit, I liked it more in the flesh than I had in the first photo's.

The fascia was very similar to the Fiesta, with that centre design that looks like a transformers head ( if you know what I mean ) The funny thing was the handbrake lever placement, it was on the drivers side of the centre tunnel,

and much further forward than any other Focus. Reminded me of those French cars where gear sticks protrude out of the dashboard !

The salesman told me they were having an "event" in mid March, by which time they would have a Titanium for me to look at, so I'm going to pop along then, to see what a premium specified model looks like.

He also told me that "My Touch" is going to be available later this year from about September on...which might make sense, coinciding with the Reg changeover.

So, just maybe, I won't have to wait as long as I thought........

On the focus launch that ford ran for all dealers they said my touch would be 2012. Also if you have any other dealers around check them as most have titaniums now. We have 4 zetec and 2 titanium. One in candy yellow other black and the black one is speced up and I sure calum would tell ya its very nice as he was in the black one for ages lol. Only spec hard to find is titanium x

On the focus launch that ford ran for all dealers they said my touch would be 2012. Also if you have any other dealers around check them as most have titaniums now. We have 4 zetec and 2 titanium. One in candy yellow other black and the black one is speced up and I sure calum would tell ya its very nice as he was in the black one for ages lol. Only spec hard to find is titanium x

Haha that is was, it's really nice, I want the parking system!

Well I think Fords build quality is as good if not better than most other makes these days. Certainly better than the Ceed. Far as reliability goes all makes have issues. Fords seem to be centred more around the Diesels after a few years. The fact that Fords are more popular and their numbers are greater than other makes in the UK may make it look like there are more issues. Most people on these websites are on there purely because they have an issue and hardly ever to praise the reliability of their car.

I owned an Alfa prior to the 09 Focus. Alfas main problems are around the electrics. The annoying thing being its the only part of the car thats German. However I never had a problem with mine, but you wouldn't believe some of the issues that people would experience on Alfa Owners Club site.

I have owned around 50 cars of all makes and models over the years. To date my Focus has been the most reliable as I have not even had to replace a bulb on it. It has however only done 24k miles and time will tell. I use to own a Mazda 323F SE which was pretty good, although that still had to have the Air Con Condensor replaced under warranty as it started to leak due to corrosion.

Ive friends that have had nothing but issues with BMW's. Renaults, Peugeots etc. The old MG/Rovers were the worst. I even had a load of issues with a VW Golf which I got rid of within 3 months as I couldn't rely on it due to a dodgy gear box and starter motor.

I suppose I am saying that Fords are no less reliable and no less well built than most other makes out there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club