Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange???

greggp

something really strange happened when I was leaving work tonight.

I started up my focus (1.8 petrol titanium 08plate) and nothing happened - I noticed the rev counter lower than normal about 250-500RPM and when I touched the accelarator pedal nothing happened, no engine noise....nothing!! I turned off and re-started and all seemend okay and drove home okay!! Strange one!!!

Maybe just choked on fuel, very low revs may indicate an issue with the ECU / Fuel I would have thought...

if it happens once dont worry, more than that is when you need to be concerned!

I had something similar, but opposite, a few weeks ago in my punto. I drove to work, nothing strange, pulled up in the car park, turned off the lights, turned off the ignition and took the key out, then realised the engine was still running...!!

It took me a second or 2 to realise, and then thought how the f**k do I stop the engine..!! I put the key back in and turned it until the ignition lights came on, then turned it off again, this time the engine stopped.

This happened once more a few days later, but on the trip home.. pulled up on the drive and the engine carried on running after I'd taken the key out.

I've since started driving my Focus, and the wife has the punto, but she hasn't reported it happening since..

I had something similar, but opposite, a few weeks ago in my punto. I drove to work, nothing strange, pulled up in the car park, turned off the lights, turned off the ignition and took the key out, then realised the engine was still running...!!

It took me a second or 2 to realise, and then thought how the f**k do I stop the engine..!! I put the key back in and turned it until the ignition lights came on, then turned it off again, this time the engine stopped.

This happened once more a few days later, but on the trip home.. pulled up on the drive and the engine carried on running after I'd taken the key out.

I've since started driving my Focus, and the wife has the punto, but she hasn't reported it happening since..

where you intoxicated at the time ;) maybe you just pulled out a switch and thought it was the key ;) lol, I have heard of that though and its something to do with the ignition circuit doesnt open when you remove the key, of course the circuit is still closed and the car continues to run. could be iffy wiring, if its an old punto then it could be wiring, if its new, then its another reason for me not to get a fiat :)

At least if the Mrs is driving it and it works fine, thats good news! if your car is anything like mine - it doesnt like the driver? which is tough luck for my car, as it only has one driver!

• 3 weeks later...

aaaggghhhh it's happened again!! three times in the last month now. Started it up when left work this evening and idle really low revs and engine didn't sound right - the annoying thing with the focus is the key operated bonnet so I couldnt pop bonnet to have a look what the engine was doing. I turned off and left a few seconds before re-starting and all seemed fine drove fine all way home. Could this be an ECU fuel or throttle issue? something I need to be concerned about? The vehicle will be out of ford warranty come april this year although the engine was replaced on this vehicle with a new one under warranty so effectively should still be covered with any issues engine wise!

any help appreciated please

cheers

aaaggghhhh it's happened again!! three times in the last month now. Started it up when left work this evening and idle really low revs and engine didn't sound right - the annoying thing with the focus is the key operated bonnet so I couldnt pop bonnet to have a look what the engine was doing. I turned off and left a few seconds before re-starting and all seemed fine drove fine all way home. Could this be an ECU fuel or throttle issue? something I need to be concerned about? The vehicle will be out of ford warranty come april this year although the engine was replaced on this vehicle with a new one under warranty so effectively should still be covered with any issues engine wise!

any help appreciated please

cheers

if it runs out in april get it in now clearly summats wrong and you dont have a lot of time left before they hit you with a bill

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club