Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Won't Open.

grin factor

Came home today, put the car away, went to get some things from the boot, just heard click, click, click. Boot stuck. Tried many times, same noise - nothing. The car was not locked. Tried locking the car, then opening it, also tried using the boot button. All I'm getting is the clicking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

This happened to me once, as i was making my way down to the dealers the boot decided to unlock its self. I had a warning on the screen saying the boot was open, but it was still "locked" But *touch wood* it's not happened since.

Just had mine done under warranty - boot switch replaced.

Yep, that constant clicking problem with my boot as well, the only difference being my boot wouldn't lock, it'd pop open every few seconds after closing it.

Sort of a long story but in the end I was advised by FordAssist to call out the AA. They took me to the Ford garage and Ford were supposed to organise a replacement car. That got screwed up somehow but the AA stepped back in and organised a car for me. (The AA used to organise rental cars but apparently Ford Assist took over the admin of this and there have been many complaints). Anyway big thumbs up to the AA, they couldn't do enough for me - really helpful.

It all seemed a tad overkill for a silly little fault, especially as I live close to the Ford dealer and already had the car at the garage! But apparently that's Ford Assist's procedures - if there was ever a case of "computer says no".

I had a rental car for 4 days whilst Ford arranged to replace the microswitch.

• 5 months later...

Looks like im not the only one with a boot problem... boot is stuck, tried opening it with the remote and the boot switch and still nothing, only click click click!!! Have an appointment with Ford tomorrow, luckily my car is still under warranty, i hope this can be solved quickly.

I had same problem with the boot.Would not open when required,but open driving up the motorway.Took fords a week to fix as no switch available in the country.No problems since.

This happened to me once, as i was making my way down to the dealers the boot decided to unlock its self. I had a warning on the screen saying the boot was open, but it was still "locked" But *touch wood* it's not happened since.

Mine did it last week, it's been alright since but it is a bit worrying.

• 2 years later...

Hi am New to this site so don't no how to do my own post.

I've got a fiesta mk7 2011 plate and I'm having trouble with the boot on it. We're you got to open it on the boot its self it does nothing. Want open not even making a sound. But the boot will open if I use it on my key.

Does anyone no about this problem as I would need it sorting because I use the boot everyday.

Also it is still in warranty I no but I think I have voided that now with the amount of modifications on the car

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks Nick

Also it is still in warranty I no but I think I have voided that now with the amount of modifications on the car

Depends what kind of modifications you've done to it and where. Changing the alloys or painting the bonnet black (for example) has nothing to do with the boot and won't affect the warranty on it. Only if they can prove your mod broke the boot would the warranty be void.

Nothing has been modified on the boot so I will go check and see what my main ford dealer says (Hartwell Ford) had nothing but problems with them.

If I remember right my friend had the same problem and he went There and they used a lame excuse of it having something to do with water in it. So he ended up paying £350 for them to fix it. I would rather have ago of fixing it myself. Was just wondering if anybody new of this problem with the boot.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2009 fiesta. My boot lid would not open. I found information on this site and others that suggested the problem was likely to be due to a faulty microswitch. No need to remove any trims or anything to get at it. Just carefully lever out the rectangular switch assembly from below the ford badge on the tailgate. You will probably find that there has been water ingress. You will find the microswitch in the centre of the assembly. You will need to desolder it and solder in a new one. They are available on the internet. I got a packet of ten for £2.65 and this included postage!

• 8 years later...

I have a 2005 ford fiesta, and I couldnt open the boot, I tried to use the key but nothing. Than I moved the back seat to have acces to boot from the inside, than I had to grab a little hammer and I gave a nice punch on the lock. This moved the lock in the right position and I could open it. Since than it works just fine. Note: this only works if your boot opening button is working properly, when you press the button, you need to hear the mechanism trying to unlock the boot. 

Also try using some WD-40 on the lock and let it there for 20-30 minutes, this should get the boot open too.

If neither of these tips don't work, than probably you have a bad cable, or your entire mechanism is bad and needs to be changed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, domitianus said:

If neither of these tips don't work, than probably you have a bad cable, or your entire mechanism is bad and needs to be changed.

You do realise the issue is over 8 years old, right? 🤣

12 minutes ago, domitianus said:

If neither of these tips don't work, than probably you have a bad cable

Just as well you have been able to answer this.  @grin factor has been waiting to get in his boot for the last 13 years 🤣🤣🤣

Happy New Year !

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club