Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Mpg To Expect From 2.0 Tdci?

DaveH28`

We picked up our 58 plate 2.0 tdci titanium on Saturday.

I am somewhat surprised at the mpg....it doesnt seem right to me.

The car has only done 10000 miles, and not a lot of those in the last year.

I drove 45 miles 95% motorway today and drove no different to how i drive my Golf 140bhp PD diesel where i get 55-60mpg easily.

I got 46mpg, i wasnt going much above 75 at all. We bought this for our second car, so its predominantly used by my fiancee,

she has been using it around town this week and only acheived 30mpg, she hasnt got a heavy right foot either.

I dont expect 60mpg or anything, but i thought i should easily be getting 50+mpg on the motorway when not pushing it,

and 30mpg is not alot more than what i used to get in my old 306gti-6 which did guzzle petrol.

Does this sound right...its still under warranty?

The car runs well, everything feels very tight still.

Thanks in advance

Dave

We picked up our 58 plate 2.0 tdci titanium on Saturday.

I am somewhat surprised at the mpg....it doesnt seem right to me.

The car has only done 10000 miles, and not a lot of those in the last year.

I drove 45 miles 95% motorway today and drove no different to how i drive my Golf 140bhp PD diesel where i get 55-60mpg easily.

I got 46mpg, i wasnt going much above 75 at all. We bought this for our second car, so its predominantly used by my fiancee,

she has been using it around town this week and only acheived 30mpg, she hasnt got a heavy right foot either.

I dont expect 60mpg or anything, but i thought i should easily be getting 50+mpg on the motorway when not pushing it,

and 30mpg is not alot more than what i used to get in my old 306gti-6 which did guzzle petrol.

Does this sound right...its still under warranty?

The car runs well, everything feels very tight still.

Thanks in advance

Dave

diesels are not town cars and they will use diesel easily they sit at low revs medium speeds as town cars a diesel is a wast eof money most small petrols will achieve better town mpg the engine is still looseniong up so mpg will be poorer than expected also youre golf isnt a turbo i assume so it will give better mpg my old seat used the same engine as the golf and i got really good mpg however it was crap when used as a town car which is why i got rid of it

our 2009 1.4 tdci fiesta mk7 did 60 mpg on a tank

our 2009 2.0 tdci focus titanium did 47 on a tank

our 2010 1.6 tdci focus zetec does 51 on a tank

all same drivers all same routes :)

at 70mph, on a 35 mile trip on a1, going from darlington to gateshead, in a 1.8TDCI, average 57mpg.

My golf is a mk5 2ltr gt tdi, even driving hard and around town it I would struggle to get below 40mpg. It's very fast aswell.

Going off all the reviews and Fords claimed figures, I expected similar to my golf figures from the focus. 30mpg for any modern diesel is low.

I drive a lot of different hire cars, a few mondeos, which average about 46mpg on a motorway run, but they're a lot bigger and slightly more power from the same engine. I don't expect a lot from town driving but it shouldn't be much less than 40mpg.

i think the lowest i have ever got it was 38mpg and that was travelling at *ahem*mph down the motorway at 3am haha.

ive got a 05 plate 2.0tdci Focus titanium saloon which on average returns 48MPG. highest ive had is 51.7 but havnt really done a decent long motorway run yet so hopefully id get near 55MPG on that kinda run. lowest ive had so far is about 44MPG.

Make sure your tyres are at the correct pressue....that can effect MPG a lot. Try using V-Power diesel too

My average mpg is below in my sig. I must admit I wasn't impressed with the mpg figures when I got my Focus. I was getting around 45mpg initially, but the remap has helped a little, to the point that I can get around 50mpg if careful. Still not ideal though.

My average mpg is below in my sig. I must admit I wasn't impressed with the mpg figures when I got my Focus. I was getting around 45mpg initially, but the remap has helped a little, to the point that I can get around 50mpg if careful. Still not ideal though.

I havnt been that impressed with the MPG figures from my Focus so far (owned it for nearly 6 months now)....i thought id easily be able to get 50+ MPG out of it. I can achive that but its really hard. and am too scared to get it remapped! Still its better than the MPG i was getting on my previous car. Plus my Focus has done 94k.

I'd Agree with APJ, make sure your tyre pressures are correct. Also on the service book just make sure that fuel and air filters have been replaced on the previous service, as these may be clogged and this knocks fuel economy. These may not have been changed as they have looked at the mileage and thought it was not nesissary to do this.

Cheers guys,

I've done the tyre pressures, I did have to put about .4 bar in the back and .2 in the front.....not had chance to check it yet.

I doubt they have done the filters, its all dealer service history and they'll have done the bare minimum

Ive got an 05 2.0tdci with 58,000 on the clock, around town Im getting between 38.7 and 40.1 depending how much traffic I get stuck in, best Ive had recorded was over 70mpg but I believe the trip was playing up, on a recent trip I did just over 300 miles and got 54.1 this was doing 70 on the motorway and a couple of spells of 50 with them darn average cameras. Miught be worthing checking your brakes arent binding, that would caasue poor fuel consumption