Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjustment Of Projector Headlight Mk7.

kmckeown78

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the projector headlight unit in the MK7 Fiesta?

I have recently swapped my reflector headlamp unit for a set of projector headlamp units from a Zetec S, and the light throw from the projectors doesn't shine up the carriageway as much as I thought it would.

The sharp cut off of the light seems to be too short and leaves an area of carriageway unlit. Is this how it is meant to be, or would adjusting the units be best?

Thanks all..

Kev.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the projector headlight unit in the MK7 Fiesta?

I have recently swapped my reflector headlamp unit for a set of projector headlamp units from a Zetec S, and the light throw from the projectors doesn't shine up the carriageway as much as I thought it would.

The sharp cut off of the light seems to be too short and leaves an area of carriageway unlit. Is this how it is meant to be, or would adjusting the units be best?

Thanks all..

Kev.

Does your 'Ecocentric' Fiesta have Headlight adjustment knob on the Dashboard?

Hi Nick,

Yes it does, but that is set to 'zero'.

I'm looking to adjust the whole unit, like they would at the MOT centre if the lights were not correctly aligned.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Kev.

On the back of the headlamp there are white plastic screws which you can turn with a philips screwdriver or a hex drive. Be careful the plastic is really soft and you can mangle the head easy.

I cant see any to adjust the horizontal only the vertical.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

ace, is the drivers side supposed to be lower than the passenger tho to prevent dazzling oncomers?

is there a method we can utilise when parked in front of a garage to correctly align them?

Im not sure of the height needed. But the pattern should be like this ----\______-----\______

The top lines of the cutoff should line up with both lights like my crude pic above lol. I just park facing a wall and U can see the cutoff lines pretty well :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Anyone know where the screws are on the mk7.5?

I couldn't see them :/

Look straight down on the lights from above and you should see the white hex screw just at the back of the headlight unit

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I took mine to a dealer to have the light adjustment checked and they adjusted it for free, so that might be worth doing before you try and adjust it yourself.

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone, first time posting.

Just a quick tip. I adjusted my headlights last night. DON'T use a Philips head screwdriver, I tried a few times. Use a wide flat and turn the whole screw by the hexagonal opening. Thank me later!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club