Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 2 Foglights

NTech

My Fusion 2 (2003) does not have Fog lights fitted and I was wondering if there is a connector in the engine bay to facilitate the installation of Foglights.I found on connector with a pair of wires in it ix Black and 1x Green/Blue it is mounted close to the windscreen washer reservoir.Thanks in anticipation of a reply.NTech.

Hi ntech

hope all is well i also have a fusion 2 and looked in to fitting fog lights. there are conenctions for the for lights in the bumper that are tucked away. however if i remeber " and dnt hold me to this" that the switch for the lights will have to be replaced with another one but the kit for this is not cheap at all but cannont remeber if certain wiring has to be replaced

i found that if you want any kinda diagrams to show where the fog light connectors are and also the wiring diagram for the switch is to go to you local ford dealer lean on the counter when they show you the diagram on the pc and ask for a copy and they will print it for you.

hope if helps and if u need any more info give me a shout

Regards

lonewolf

Thanks Lonewolf.

I did not think to look anywhere near the bumper.I will have a look on Saturday when I have more time (and Daylight).

I have a "Haynes" workshop manual which is for a Fiesta but cover most of the Fusion as well (is it my imagination or are Haynes manuals getting progressively poorer?)and the wiring diagram shows the wiring connections for Fog lights and I need to sit down and try to make some sense of it - luckily I a spark so I probably will manage it .As for my local ford garage I would say that they would be challenged to find the Computer never mind the wiring diagram. :( I have not found any suitable fog lights yet,need to expand my breakers yard search.

The connector block I found at the back of the radiator seems to be the connector for the Fog lights the colour coding (Green/Blue) seems to be the 12V+ from the light switch according to the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual but no power comes to it with the Fog light switch pulled out (this turns on the rear Fog light).

Would this switch normally turn on both front and rear Fog lights or would there be another switch to turn on the front Fog lights?.

Thanks.

NTech.

As an aside from the Fog light discussion.Would the Fusion normally have under-bonnet insulation? as mine does not have any.

I met a guy in a car park recently with a 2003 Fusion 2 1.4 Petrol and he kindly opened the bonnet on his Fusion and there was no insulation on the underside of the bonnet - so it would appear that they are not manufactured with underbonnet insulation.

• 1 year later...

front fogs

my car had fogs fitted when i brought it but was not connected to any thing just the lights no loom

i have just brought a switch from a mk 5-6 fiesta and a loom from a mondeo

hope its as simple as plug and play

• 1 month later...

My Fusion 2 (2003) does not have Fog lights fitted and I was wondering if there is a connector in the engine bay to facilitate the installation of Foglights.I found on connector with a pair of wires in it ix Black and 1x Green/Blue it is mounted close to the windscreen washer reservoir.Thanks in anticipation of a reply.NTech.

this is the wire for the front fogs