Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Diesel

shaddow

Hi Everyone, can anyone help. My 1.8 tdci Mk1.5 occasionaly seems to fire on three cylinders when pulling away. This may happen first thing or after driving a few miles. Runs ok, then when pulling away from a standing start it has no power, but no lights come on the dash. If i switch it off and re-start it, it goes back to normal. Tried a new diesel, and air filter but to no avail. Been told now it may be the accellerator potentiometer/ sensor. But as ive only had it for three months, and already spent out for a new exhaust pipe and clutch master cylinder, i dont want to spend much more on it if i dont need to. So any advice would be most welcome. Any advice anyone?

Sounds like it could be the egr valve, get yourself a tin of cleaner like wynns egr cleaner and give it a go or if you are confident on engines take it off and give it a good clean.

Thanx leemaxd. Will try the cleaner first i think. As i,m 54yrs old and try not to touch the engine unless i have to. ( they a lot more complicated than they were in my day lol) if that does not work then i may try to take it off and clean it, thats if i can find it? Any idea where its located?. And how to clean it Plz.

this is how I have done mine in the past and it does sort it out, you need someone in the car keeping the revs up steady , but it's worth a go, the tin of stuff is only about a £10

Thanx mate, and thanx a million for the video. Will definately have a go at that, but not on my drive lol. Will let you know how i get on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club