Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Focus Sport (Old Model)

bryfly

Wondered what people on the focus forum think of the 1.6 sport(old model)that ford will sell for the remainder of 2011, the cheapest price i have found is £11,881.92,this seems to be a good price even if it is an outgoing model, however i have read a lot about the petrol 1.6 100ps being underpowered and it is very thirsty on petrol,,,,,,any guidance appriciated..cheers

Wondered what people on the focus forum think of the 1.6 sport(old model)that ford will sell for the remainder of 2011, the cheapest price i have found is £11,881.92,this seems to be a good price even if it is an outgoing model, however i have read a lot about the petrol 1.6 100ps being underpowered and it is very thirsty on petrol,,,,,,any guidance appriciated..cheers

Cannot justify a TDCI, so has Anybody got a view on the focus with a 1.6 100ps petrol engine in terms of its mpg and if it is underpowered or not?.....cheers

Ive just ordered one of these. I went to test drive the new Focus on Saturday and ended up buying the current model. So Ive got a Panther Black Sport on order.

I currently have a 1.6 Focus Estate on an 09 Plate. This has better acceleration than the new Focus hatch and is noticeably livelier. However it is not a high powered sports car. It has plenty of mid range torque, so is good on the motorways and I average 37-38 mpg. I can get 41 mpg on a run.

Now the hatchback should be better than my estate on MPG and handling. All the Focus range are great driving cars due to their handling ability.

I feel that this is the best time to get a well specked Focus at such a good price, The Sports are currently £500 more than the Titanium models and they are selling like hot cakes. Which is why I have to wait for mine to be built.

• Like 1

Have you chosen a petrol or a diesel one?

Ive just ordered one of these. I went to test drive the new Focus on Saturday and ended up buying the current model. So Ive got a Panther Black Sport on order.

I currently have a 1.6 Focus Estate on an 09 Plate. This has better acceleration than the new Focus hatch and is noticeably livelier. However it is not a high powered sports car. It has plenty of mid range torque, so is good on the motorways and I average 37-38 mpg. I can get 41 mpg on a run.

Now the hatchback should be better than my estate on MPG and handling. All the Focus range are great driving cars due to their handling ability.

I feel that this is the best time to get a well specked Focus at such a good price, The Sports are currently £500 more than the Titanium models and they are selling like hot cakes. Which is why I have to wait for mine to be built.

cheers for the response

The 1.6 100 ps is very sluggish,but as for the car it's a cracker and seems to be at a nice price to.ford are building the last few hundred this month ready for April,so get in now while you can,because the new focus prices are sky high.cheers.

• Like 1

It depends on what you are comparing it with. The 1.6 Focus certainly feels sluggish in comparison with my previous 2.0 litre Alpha. However I have found the mid range torque fine on the motorways. Much better than the equivalant Vauxhalls and much better than the Peugeot 308 I hired. Also because the throttle pedal is well sprung on these you tend not to floor it. Plus because its a smooth engine you feel you are going slower than you actually are until you start taking it along some twisty bits.

As far as 1.6's go, its just fine. I have also found that at 24000 miles mine is just starting to free up a bit. Its getting quicker and more economical as time goes on.