Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta flame 54 plate cd player!!

zoe1987

Hi I need a bit of help!! New to the website so posted this on the wrong section before!!! The standard cd player in my car is in two parts and the gaps are too small to fit a new head unit in. I've had a looked at the facial and it is completley moulded around so cant really replace that. Is there any way around fitting a new head unit without drilling holes in the plastic in the car?? Really confused!!! :unsure:

Hi I need a bit of help!! New to the website so posted this on the wrong section before!!! The standard cd player in my car is in two parts and the gaps are too small to fit a new head unit in. I've had a looked at the facial and it is completley moulded around so cant really replace that. Is there any way around fitting a new head unit without drilling holes in the plastic in the car?? Really confused!!! :unsure:

hello there. you can get around it if you really dont want to cut your dash. you can buy a new facial from fords i think it is around £50 and you just replace it with your one. the new one will have 2 slots one for your new head unit and one just to use as storage. it will look a lot tidier. dont forget you will also need the adapters to fit your new head unit dont think there the same and think they are around £15. hope this helps!

Hey

If your CD player is the same as mine then its got 3 "sections" which are all actually connected to make the one unit.

To get my head unit installed, I had to cut through the wee strips of plastic, remove the CD player then put a facia in its place.

I went to a local car audio shop to do this who charged me roughly £65 for the complete install inc. the new facia.

I'd recommend getting it done by a professional unless you know what you're doing. I think places like Halfords etc even do the job.

Hope this helps.

Tomas

Hey

If your CD player is the same as mine then its got 3 "sections" which are all actually connected to make the one unit.

To get my head unit installed, I had to cut through the wee strips of plastic, remove the CD player then put a facia in its place.

I went to a local car audio shop to do this who charged me roughly £65 for the complete install inc. the new facia.

I'd recommend getting it done by a professional unless you know what you're doing. I think places like Halfords etc even do the job.

Hope this helps.

Tomas

hi ya mate. ya that is a good way to do it but ford also sell a new trim with the space already there. might be more money though. how you finding your fiesta?

Hi, thanks for the replies think I might try ford first see how much they'l charge to do it. Thanks again u'v both been a big help!! :D

hello there. you can get around it if you really dont want to cut your dash. you can buy a new facial from fords i think it is around £50 and you just replace it with your one. the new one will have 2 slots one for your new head unit and one just to use as storage. it will look a lot tidier. dont forget you will also need the adapters to fit your new head unit dont think there the same and think they are around £15. hope this helps!

hey have u got this in ur car can u add a pic so i can see at all?? thanks

hey have u got this in ur car can u add a pic so i can see at all?? thanks

hello. no sorry didint do it in the end. but look in to it in deltail. have seen fiestas with it done and it does look smart.

• 4 months later...
hi ya mate. ya that is a good way to do it but ford also sell a new trim with the space already there. might be more money though. how you finding your fiesta?

where do you buy the trim ur talking about?