Do Not Sell My Personal Information

02 Dura Shift Problems

stevieg

Got an 02 fiesta in with the durashift box and its being a real pain. Got the trans module repaired by bba reman and it still won't move just like before, also when jacked up it will only shift to 2nd and will crunch into reverse, got no codes on the reader either. Any help greatly apprechiated

Steve

thanks for the reply.

have tried moving the shift levers manually and they move freely. really stuck on this one as i have never worked on this type of gearbox before. any steps for troubleshooting would help alot.

recently replaced the clutch plate with an LUK 3 piece kit (pressure plate, friction plate and slave cylinder) but still excactly the same. the car wants to move but will only bite the clutch for about half a second then repeat after 3-4 seconds. it will do that about 10 times then lock out and the gear warning light comes on and it won't let you restart the engine, it will only restart after about 20 ignition cycles or if the battery is disconnected for 30-50 seconds, again no codes are showing up on the scanner.

Hmmm, Steve I have no experience fault finding with this box.

My initial thoughs on your above symptom is the clutch disengages because the engine rpm drops too low to stop the engine stalling....

Everything seem ok power wise with the engine ?

Manually you should be able to select 1 2 and R, is the problem identical for all gears when you try pulling away ?

You've probably done this already but try reseating the connectors on the motors and on the clutch actuator.

Finally are there any other issues with the car, ABS not working, handbrake switch ok ?? The signals from various sources feed back to the transmission and it could be something external that is causing the problem...

Sorry I can't be much help here, generally its either going to be the actuator asm or the clutch asm (which contains the electronics) and seems that for most who go to a dealership for any issues get both replaced.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

D.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club