Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus

Bianconero

Hey folks, I'm new on here, just registered and I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help with...

I pick up my Focus tomorrow, it's an 07 reg Style with I think the 6000cd/radio. Do you know if it's possible to somehow get an mp3 player hooked up? If so, what's the best and least expensive way to do it? Mate told me to look to see if there's an aux connection in the glove-box. If so great, if not what are my options?

Also does the cd-player play mp3 cd's?

The car doesn't have rear parking sensors and Ford are quoting about £200, any cheaper options out there?

Finally it's an auto but because it's only the Style it doesn't have the driver armrest, any easy ways of getting one on there? I've seen a few generic ones on various sites but ideally for the proper fit I'd prefer a Ford one.

Thanks for any replies :)

as for the MP3, you can retrofit an auxilary port by wiring it into the electrics on the stereo, so you can do it yourself, or Ford will fit one for a few quid! the aux port could be set up in the top right of the glovebox (at the front) just do a google search, there was a helpful site I found a long while ago, a guy was doing it to his C/S Max with pictures...

Rear parking sensors for about £200 are not too bad, most companies will offer it at around that price, however Catch fitted a set of invisible sensors (think they were ulatrasonic) so drop him a PM or if he pops onto the forum he may be able to suggest the cost etc, again I think he fitted them himself also.

As for the armrest, theoretically you could replace the entire centre console from the gear lever backwards to the passenger seats. you could get one from a scrappy (although dont expect too as apparently the focus is "too new" to appear in the scrappies!) Otherwise you could probably buy a set off eBay for a few quid (genuine Ford) otherwise speak to @Parts First the Ford parts store, they may be able to quote you for a set so you have a maximum price to work with.

Hope this is of some use to you!

there is a post on this forum with a link that can get you universal coloured to your car reversing sensors for £15, which im thinking of getting if the poster says they ok.

i just fitted an aux port to my 6000cd. i got the cable from amazon for around £20 from fordpartsuk, got it within two days. i decided to fit mine next to the handbrake as i thought that is a better place, that and i have a switch for my footwell lights, where the aux port is normally located in the glovebox. i can send a link if you want.

the 6000cd does not play mp3 cds unless it says mp3 on the model name. other than that you can play mp3 from your ipod to the cd player. i do this all the time from my blackberry.

as for armrest, as i heard someone has tried this in the past, they couldnt do it as the internals of the seats was different and couldnt fit a genuine one. if you mean the one the centre console and its just as jee says.

Thanks for your replies.

I've seen that cable on amazon so will order that soon, and yeah I agree the glove-box isn't the best place for it to come out of, will prob also run it to somewhere near the centre console.

Don't fancy replacing the whole centre console to get the armrest in, will probably just get an after-market one and fit it to that largeish storage box at the back of the console just behind the seats.

Parking sensors, I'll see if Catch says anything, if not I've seen some stupid thing on JML, for £19 it might be worth a go, not much money lost if it's no good.

Thanks again for the info you given me.

The JML reversing sensors are not hard wired in. You can get the proper ones off of eBay with the cutting tool for the same or less. You just need somewhere to drill the holes in the rear bumper. They are easy to wire up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club