Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Vibration When Braking!!! :(

Max

I've had my 2005 Fiesta for about 4 months now and there appears to a problem with the brakes that has been getting worse the longer I have had the car. The problem is that when I brake from anything over 35mph a get a serious vibration through the steering wheel with an intermittent grinding noise coming from the front right of the car. The heaviest vibration comes whilst braking from 45-35mph.

When I bought the car, everything was fine however about a month later the intermittent grinding noise from the front appeared. I took it to the garage thinking that it was probably the pads/discs at fault, however, they said everything was fine and the only problem they saw was that it could have been caused by the cheap brake pads. (By the way, this garage wasn't the one where I bought the car from.) Two months later after going to the garage the vibration from the right started.

I'm ruling out any problem with the steering rack as there is absolutely no vibration in the steering wheel at any other time even at high speeds of 70mph. The vibration is only there when braking.

I'm thinking of taking the car to a garage to get the pads and discs replaced, I just wanted to know if anyone on this forum knew of the problem and any possible solutions. I still think it's one of the discs that have warped.

Thanks

vibration when braking is usually associated with warped discs, they may look ok but need to be checked with a dial gauge for run out. the grinding noise is usually caused by the pads worn down to the metal which could be responable for the warped discs.

vibration when braking is usually associated with warped discs, they may look ok but need to be checked with a dial gauge for run out. the grinding noise is usually caused by the pads worn down to the metal which could be responable for the warped discs.

yeah as he says. had this with a fiat punto, the pads have probably disintergrated and the heat caused from metal on metal as warped the disc.

yeah as he says. had this with a fiat punto, the pads have probably disintergrated and the heat caused from metal on metal as warped the disc.

If the pads had disintigrated wouldn't the first garage have spotted that when they checked, If it was the pads i`d be kicking up hell with them for missing such an easy and visual thing, and one things for sure...........i wouldn't be taking the car back there to be repaired!

Just a question but, why didn't you just take that wheel off and have a look as it is easy to spot worn pads?

could be as said warped discs though it seems a bit odd if the garage hasn't spotted that due to the lack off material on the pads as said,

it also could your brake caliper/backplate mounting bolts are loose have you checked them?

you might want to consider a different garage if they aren't picking these things up

can't skimp on the brakes unfortunatly!!

hope it helps anyway

my old fiesta did exactly this exactly what your describing i had discs pads the lot changed and it was great for another 40000 mles get it done its worth it brakes are the last thing you want to let you down .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club