Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 1.8 Diesel Engine (Circa 2000/2001)

Sam_C

I'm looking for a cheap run-around as my current daily motor is a bit on the expensive to run side.

Current favourite is a 1.8 Diesel Focus estate at about 2000/2001

Are there any common issues with this engine?

Is it likely to blown the HG every 12000 miles like the Rover K series petrol or any such 'orrible gremlins?

Just looking for a heads up on this before I spend the money!

Cheers,

Sam

The one to watch out for that I know for certain is the instrument cluster, being the owner of a mk2.5 I couldnt say for definite anything else, but the instrument cluster developed a few faults and needed to be replaced for a costly sum!

The one to watch out for that I know for certain is the instrument cluster, being the owner of a mk2.5 I couldnt say for definite anything else, but the instrument cluster developed a few faults and needed to be replaced for a costly sum!

Cheers! I'll be sure to check that.

My best Mate also owns the Same car from last 2 years but he Haven't faced any of such issue yet.

My best Mate also owns the Same car from last 2 years but he Haven't faced any of such issue yet.

I think the best thing you can do is search this forum for phrases like "1998 Focus" or "Focus MK1" that will bring up a list of things...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club