Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Carpet Colour

R-head

Hi,

I have seen the link to the topic on the German form forums about covering the rear of the seats with carpet, sounds and more importantly looks like a great idea!

So what colour is the fiesta carpet? I have seen some Phonocar self-adhesive carpet on eBay which I'm going to get but what colour will best match the Fiesta, black (maybe too dark) or anthracite?

What do you guys recon?

Jim

I bought the same stuff in black. It is darker than the rest of the boot carpet, but as its on the seats it still looks good. Think anthracite is too light for the boot - will try and upload a pic or two when I get a chance...... and its not dark!

Thinking about lining my glovebox with anthracite to stuff things rattling.

The pics would be great, thanks

I bought the same stuff in black. It is darker than the rest of the boot carpet, but as its on the seats it still looks good. Think anthracite is too light for the boot - will try and upload a pic or two when I get a chance...... and its not dark!

Thinking about lining my glovebox with anthracite to stuff things rattling.

Not the best photo (from my phone) but you get the idea - slightly different colour to the original Ford carpet, but there are already several different colours when you look at the plastic trim and parcel shelf.

19032011007.jpg

^ That looks really good! They should come like that from the factory, they'll only get scratched otherwise :(

Coysht, looks good; is that the black? I decided to go with the anthracite so should have it delivered tomorrow, once fitted I'll post a pic of it. I have to admit it really tidies the boot up and I guess the best £8 mod I will be spending my pennies on!

Well my carpet arrived, anthracite, and in just over an hour both rear seats were done, very easy improvement; fantastic B) .

The carpet/felt type material was £8 off eBay, it's already got the adhesive on the rear, just peel off the backing paper. The sheet was 140cm x 70cm and the anthracite matches really well, so there was a little left over, now what to do with it?

I used the black carpet, but I'm sure the Anthracite would look just as good.

As mentioned above, it's self adhesive carpet from ebay:

Anthracite, Black and Grey.

As for what to do with the spare material - at the back of the boot (just under the latch at the bottom) there is a bare area of painted metal. I (on the advice of another FOC member) took off the plastic sill cover and added the carpet there to finish off the boot. Worked really well with black, so you'd have to check how it looks with other colours.

Another idea I had was to line the glovebox and maybe some of the storage bins with the stuff to stop rattles, although quite how you'd finish it off to get a nice clean edge I don't know.

The carpet stretches around all those lumps and bumps on the back of the seats no problem? I thought they might have caused wrinkles.

The carpet stretches around all those lumps and bumps on the back of the seats no problem? I thought they might have caused wrinkles.

i'd like to know this also?

if it's stretchy and moulds to the shape of the backs then i'll get some also, i could tidy over my sound deadening with this stuff too :)

Really like the idea of this but I am worried I would make a mess of it. Is it hard to apply?

It was the first time I have used this stuff and I can confirm it is stretchy and will mould around curves. The material is more akin to felt than carpet (2 or 3 mm thick), so does have a little stretch in it, but don't stretch it too much or the shape you have cut out will distort slightly. On the seat backs it goes into the grooves no problem On my car the circular 2 dimples on the seat back (one has a large screw in it) I filled with a little foam pad and taped over the top of them with some metallic tape just to smooth it off as the felt would have been difficult to apply to these two areas. I can only say the best £8 I have spent on a car for years!

Jim

i applied the felt from the middle by cutting the hole for the child seat hook, removing a small amount of backing at a time and smoothed it outwards, then trimmed it into the groove where the seat fabric hooks in. I will try and dig out the original FOC thread where someone explained how to slightly strip down the seats.

It looks alot better when you don't push the felt ( deep ) into the lowered shapes of the back of the seats.

001gqih.jpg

002qra1.jpg

My work can be seen on page 2 of this thread :

Backseats

2zfuxjk.jpg

I agree, I think it looks nicer when the grooves of the back arn't shown (but to be honest it looks much better either way then just the back). Was going to get some gel overlays but I think I would much rather spend my money on this.

I put the felt/carpet into the grooves because I didn't have ages to get plastazote foam (I used some to fill in the 2 dimple holes) cut to the shape of the grooves and to tape over to give a nice solid back. I thought that the carpet material was a little to unrobust and a small child with a floppy finger would not have much of a challenge in puncturing it, hence lining the groves. It's one of those mods whichever way it's done is 5 times worth the cost. :)

I agree, I think it looks nicer when the grooves of the back arn't shown (but to be honest it looks much better either way then just the back). Was going to get some gel overlays but I think I would much rather spend my money on this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club