Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Restored

Fast Fiesta

Very Recently i restored my fiesta. The car was a Catorgory D write off. However I thought I would bring it back from the dead and restore such a beautiful car and give it a second life,- and in return it would be my first car. The project took quite some time, (the majority of it was ordering parts for such a young car). Overall 4 months from wreck to the finished in good order car.

The car is a 1.25 petrol and at the time it had less than 1000 miles on the clock, I consider myself quite

fortunate to have such a new car at my age, I must admit the car has made an impact on me,

as it has quite a Personality- after I have been through so much bringing it back from the dead, so I

often spoil my fiesta, and I must admit I am one of those guys who are constantly cleaning it and

waxing it up.- (If it doesn’t look like glass your not rubbing hard enough)

“built... not bought...

don't follow me.. you won't make it!”

Photo0156.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fast Fiesta

• Ryan9684

• MRC89

• MartynS

:blink: Wow, top job mate, looks like new :)

Cheers Buddy. Lot of time, alot of effort went in, but im very pleased with the outcome, i love the fiesta and got the new car for a fraction of the price if i were to buy it from the dealer. No problems so of yet either touch wood. But im happy you like it. Thanks :)

The black alloys look smart too, gives the car a mean look. B)

Not that I've give it much thought, but I was suprised to see where the passenger air bag comes out of - theres no seem what so ever on the dash, so does it just burst through or something? :huh:

(Edited for typo)

Edited by 2011fiesta

Not that I've give it much thought, but I was suprised to see where the passenger air bag comes out of - theres so seem what so ever on the dash, so does it just burst through or something? :huh:

I've always wondered that too - it's the same as on the mk1 focus. I believe the steering wheel one breaks out of flaps as well doesn't it? Must be a lof of energy there as the dash doesn't feel thin/soft in those areas.

Wow :blink: amazing work, looks like new! you must have saved a fair bit doing it like this :)

Nice job, looks brand new! Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

What alloys have you got on it? :)

Thanks for the quick reply guys,

regarding 2011 fiesta question, yeah the airbag breaks a hole straight through, meaning i had to get an entriley new dashboard which wasnt a cheap job at the time as the car is so new, cost me around £1000 for the dash alone. oh well, worth it in the long run.

Photo0168.jpg

Maybe an alternate angle can help the airbag location :)

Thanks nicola and mark yeah i try to keep it looking new, as i have spent so much time trying to get it that way.

So i am constantly cleaning it and waxing it.

My alloys are black 17" team dynamics, im always getting good comments, they seem to really suit, i cant tell you how much of a difference they really have made, steering is so light and precise, i originally had the 15inch steel wheels and the response and grip comes nowhere near close, i wouldnt go back!!

And martin i agree the forces in an airbag are huge. Controlled explosion that sets them off, i know banger racing they disable them as they unbelievably come off worse as a result (burns and deceleration forces)

It does, seems to be a nice clean cut shape on the passenger side!

Back on topic the car looks good, I think the darker headlights actually look better than the chromed ones on a black car. Any more photos?

hi

what polishes and waxes did you use to get a brilliant shine :rolleyes:

Truly i am addicted to cleaning and waxing the car, i spend roughly six hours a time (i know sad right) but it doesnt go unnoticed and the car is clean infact i mean it is IMMACULATE everywhere (sills, engine, not one place goes untouched) however the waxes and polishes i use make the job quick and easy although even i am very maticoulous.

I swear by Auto Glym it works a treat, however its not the products used in cleaning a car its the method and techniques used.

Simply i use car soap to clean with- either the 'dreaded sponge- which i often replace- or a microfibre mit (however i believe these catch dirt and therfore leave swirls. This is rinsed with a karcher.

I then dry with a blade/microfibre.

I apply auto glym for dark paints polish,

this gives the shine and glass like look and feel.

This alone is good and actually beads water and keeps dirt off however will not last long alone.

Then i apply either turtle wax platinum series wax- which had good reviews and was affordable- i simply loved the ease on which it would apply and remove felt almost creamy and light.

Or i simply skip to the autoglym extra gloss protection, which works better than many waxes i have used and is applied in the strangest yet easiest way- it wipes on like alchohol, then you leave it for 30mins to get a film.- possibly time for a sip of a cold beverage and then effortlessly wipe off.

And all the hard work is protected :)

Id be intrested on other peoples techniques, i know some may not agree with my techniques however the results i achieve are better than i expect and the protection it gives my paint is second to none- let me Know

Back on topic the car looks good, I think the darker headlights actually look better than the chromed ones on a black car. Any more photos?

Plenty more Pics, and i totally agree with you, i enjoy the styles' stealth appeal, (no chrome, Black lights)

Photo0323.jpg

Photo0301.jpg

A picture really showing off the fact chrome is not the way to go on this occasion :)

Photo0321.jpg

I wouldnt swap the black lights, really sets it off, i have even changed my badges to black and chrome, thought it would be overkill, however it similarly really sets it off and i would like to think gives a sleek elegant look.

And that look it exactly what i want (would like to keep) i have changed the horrible yellow bulbs for a crisp whitey blue light all around, i have debadged the rear of the car to give a mysterious prestigious look, the one thing i want to avoid is making it look tacky.

A little picture of the badge (Black and chrome) Personally in this occassion i believe it really sets the car off, and i would enjoy opinions, as i have scooted around some forums and people believe they look tacky and devalue a car

Photo0326.jpg

A bit off topic but i would really appreciate some opinions on where to spend my money next?

Lowering, Tints, thoughts and comments will be appreciated, as its you guys having to look at it and i just sit inside it. :(

A little picture of the debadging i really believe it has put a prestigious look about it.

Photo0315.jpg

De-baging and overlays look very good mate. That's exactly what I want to do if I get a black fiesta next time (still debating)

A bit off topic but i would really appreciate some opinions on where to spend my money next?

Lowering, Tints, thoughts and comments will be appreciated

I think tints would look good, and could definitely use some lowering, maybe look into getting a Zetec S body kit for it? I think mud flaps look pretty cool, and would help keep it cleaner also.

as its you guys having to look at it and i just sit inside it. :(

If this is how you feel then maybe look at spending some money on the interior, I think there's plenty of improvements to be made inside

Just keep it subtle, don't get too carried away. Looking nice so far mate

EDIT: Spray exterior plastics

I don't think the zetec s sideskirts would be available for a 5 door as far as i know but the spoiler would be a good addition and maybe front bumper.

On that last picture, i hate the chrome nuts on the wheels, really cheapens the look, i also think it needs to sit a bit lower on them give them a meaner look, as i said this car is still in progress and has a lot to do yet.

Still i would appreciate any feedback advice on where to go next.

Currently to date:

I have installed front sidelights LED which are always turning heads, they are a cool white appearance and give it a distinctive look,

Philips Ultra blue bulbs; High beam and Dipped, These are an excellent addition, they do not appear blue however are a clear white and road markings light up from hundreds of metres away with dazzling clarity and reflection.

LED Interior/boot/license plates.

Front and rear badges- black and chrome.

17 inch team dynamcis pro race 1.2 black

I don't think the zetec s sideskirts would be available for a 5 door as far as i know but the spoiler would be a good addition and maybe front bumper.

i have always strongly debated about the spoiler, however i am aware it is rareley applied to the five door fiesta, i would really like it and would purchase one in no time, however im not sure about fitment and purchasing, although common sense would say it would fit as it just going on the top, i know older fiesta models have a different rear window and boot configurement for the 3 and 5 doors, i appreciate your comments though thankyou and keep them coming. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club